Textures?? :)

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Textures?? :)

Postby johndurhamgreen » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:16 pm

Anyone hate/love particular textures?? I am really over-sensitive to things, I've heard a lot of dysrpaxic people are over sensitive or under sensitive

I like really soft things, but i hate anything even slightly rough, like for example; I can't stand jeans, duveys, paper, chalk.

but I am over-obessive with silky and smooth things... other pepole find it weird coz I have to wash my hands if theres a texrure I don't like.

What about everyone3 else?? :) Do you like/hate any particulr textures??
johndurhamgreen

Re: Textures?? :)

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:51 am

I'm not sure if there's a specific texture I don't like, but sometimes when I try on clothes I can't stand the material they're made of.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby nathanw-j » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:31 am

i dont like mashed potato the texture is wrong
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby Creative » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:53 pm

I'm like that with the material of clothes. If the material doesn't feel right against my skin then i wont wear it even if it looks good.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby kat95 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:34 pm

I hate the texture of mushrooms too! blurgh, i try them every couple of years to see whether my opinions have changed but they still make me feel sick. I also cant stand wet wood, weird I know but even thinking of it makes me feel sick.
I also cant stand chalk or charcoal for that matter.

However I love the texture of fur, particularly my hamsters fur, i always give him a hug if I am a bit down or not feeling great.
kat95
Mega Poster

Postby johndurhamgreen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:02 pm

Hey! Thanks for the responses everyone!! :) This is all really interesting :D

chocolatefudgecake wrote:I'm not sure if there's a specific texture I don't like, but sometimes when I try on clothes I can't stand the material they're made of.

Creative wrote:I'm like that with the material of clothes. If the material doesn't feel right against my skin then i wont wear it even if it looks good.

I can completely understand and relate with the clothes quotes, when I go shopping for clothes I have to always feel the textures and If i don't like it, i refuse to have any accosiation with that item of clothing. Sometimes pepole call me picky for it, but I don't they understand quite fully about the importance of texture coz otherwise i would be really uncomfortable lol.

nathanw-j wrote:i dont like mashed potato the texture is wrong

That's really interesting!! Personally I like the feel of mashed potato, (when i'm eating it) I don't like the texture of some foods either such as Pie, or crumble etc, anything dry. I find the fact that you don't like the feel of mashed potato thing really interesting! :) Is there a particular reason why you don't like mashed potato like the softness or the squashness of it, or is it a combination or other etc? :)

kat95 wrote:I hate the texture of mushrooms too! blurgh, i try them every couple of years to see whether my opinions have changed but they still make me feel sick. I also cant stand wet wood, weird I know but even thinking of it makes me feel sick.
I also cant stand chalk or charcoal for that matter.

However I love the texture of fur, particularly my hamsters fur, i always give him a hug if I am a bit down or not feeling great.

I also hate the texture of mushrooms on it's own because they feel slimely to me, and it makes me feel sick. The wet wood thing is intresting, and diffrent to me, personally I like the feel of wet wood, but can't stand any wood that is dry, coz it makes my hands go all weird and i feel the need to wash them afterwards.

Chalk and Charcoal I am the same on, they are horrifc textures that make me feel like vomiting lol

The texture of fur I also like!! :)

--

So far, this is really intresting :D I don't know if i'm just a sado, but I find this stuff really facinating to know pepoles senses work etc.

Sorry, for my bad wording and spelling typing this in a rush lol.
johndurhamgreen

Postby Bladen » Sat May 05, 2012 3:33 am

tags, velvet, nylon and squidgy things, aaaargh. Cannot handle them, but I have an obsession with thermal vests that's been one for the last 15 year or so :lol:
You might know me one of these aliases:
Spyke, Shoden

if not, well.
blah.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby nathanw-j » Sat May 05, 2012 12:44 pm

there is no reason i can think of , it just is wrong, but i can eat boiled potatoes but not mashed - weird isnt it
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby adamdonaldadam » Thu May 10, 2012 10:14 am

i dont like touching 100% cotton. and i used to hate blackboards when they were around in primary school, fortunately by secondary school they were replaced :)
adamdonaldadam
Power Poster

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat