Knowledge

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Knowledge

Postby lycanfist » Mon May 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Hey guys, I know I have been gone for a while, but I have been on a journey of knowledge. I have learnt many things about the world, the physics of this universe, the secret behind autism and possibly dyspraxia, and much more and I'd like to share this knowledge with everyone, but first before I share this knowledge, I want to ask 2 questions so I can tell how much you know.

Firstly- What do you think of this world?

Everyone will have a different perception to this question, and a different answer :)

Question 2 will be posted afterwards :)
"You are what you dare" - The didact, halo cryptum
I am the worlds biggest Halo, and hunter x hunter fan :D
http://www.youtube.com/lycanfist
http://www.twitter.com/lycanfist
lycanfist
Super Poster

Re: Knowledge

Postby in_the_shadows » Wed May 30, 2012 1:39 am

That would depend on what you mean by this world...
the way we live in it (if I'm going to be melodramatic): it's like a cage.. both figuratively and literally...
the world itself: it's cool I guess, it always seems to fight back if we mess it up too much and it's pretty amazing that it exists at all (...entropy (... gotta love The Wonder's of The Universe (I guess I'm a bit of a geek (it's all cool)))).
Anyway.. sorry for freaking you out, I kinda have issues with online stuff, and brackets (obviously) ^^
Should probably warn you all; I tend to write in a kind of stream of conciousness... for which I am very sorry

It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.
~Oscar Wilde
in_the_shadows
Advanced Member

Postby magnificentjosh » Wed May 30, 2012 2:13 am

The world is nothing. Unimportant debris from an explosion of non-void in void. On a speck of dust, orbiting a slightly hotter, larger bit of dust, a chemical process has happened that moves infinitesimally tiny bits of dirt around. These clumps of moving dirt got more and more complicated until one day they started think they were thinking. When they used their dirty, dirty eyes to detect photons bouncing off stuff, they used this data to imagine themselves a world. Without an observer, there's just stuff. It's only in our heads that things are things.

That's as close as I can get to "the world".
magnificentjosh

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Wed May 30, 2012 11:05 am

Temporary. In lots of ways.

Everything in this world is temporary, and this world is temporary.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby dizzyd » Wed May 30, 2012 4:39 pm

The world is huge and largely undiscovered. It has things about it that we can never explain and some we probably don't want to.
“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
dizzyd

Postby 07williamsdj » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:34 am

So I don't go into a rant :lol: , the world is what you make of it.
07williamsdj

Postby _robyn_ » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Officially:

The world is the earth, globe or planet.
it can also refer to parts of the earth (the western world)
or times of the earth (the ancient world)
or refer to the whole of mankind (the whole world knows it)

I tried to think about it in a philosophical way but I cant, the world is what is says above.
I read the dictionary alot.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby Remus » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:56 pm

I always like to think of the world as heaven and hell all mixed together in a crazy reality. On the one hand, you can have beautiful things such as nature, the kindness of humanity etc and then terrible events such as violence and war.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby lycanfist » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:25 pm

The responses were surprising, there was some balanced right and left brained responses :D

I'm running out of time, so I'll skip the second question as it wasn't as important as the first, and I will now begin writing up what I've studied and learned.

It was interesting as what everyone posted was right, in lots of different ways :D
"You are what you dare" - The didact, halo cryptum
I am the worlds biggest Halo, and hunter x hunter fan :D
http://www.youtube.com/lycanfist
http://www.twitter.com/lycanfist
lycanfist
Super Poster

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat