Information for friends of forum users: READ NOW

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Re: Information for friends of forum users: READ NOW

Postby in_the_shadows » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:53 pm

I doubt most of them are actually trying to upset people... chances are they're just trying to understand dyspraxia/aren't thinking. Are people seriously trying to be malicious/change people's behaviour? I guess it's possible but I dunno... everyone seems to be putting a kinda negative outlook on things here (it's not exactly 'us' and 'them')... or is it just me? =/
Even so, gotta admit I like the 'you are the abnormal ones around here' line too and no offense meant to anyone ^^
Should probably warn you all; I tend to write in a kind of stream of conciousness... for which I am very sorry

It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.
~Oscar Wilde
in_the_shadows
Advanced Member

Postby parnassus » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:35 pm

In the Shadows, this post was written a long time ago in response to something that happened to a poster here. Some people in her life were angry with her for not being grateful enough to them for helping her, and they showed her posts to her family, who punished her for what she wrote. She hadn't said anything bad, and as she is one of the most severely disabled people here (she was misdiagnosed as 'mentally retarded' as a little girl, and she can't speak very well) I was particularly angry at how she'd been treated. She of all people needs a safe space to talk about how she feels, because she is not often listened to at home.

There were a couple of other cases as well, but this was the worst one. Obviously I couldn't share details in the post, but it was directed at people who did know what they were doing and were using info they found here to upset and in some cases blackmail DT users.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Elessar » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:32 am

That's low. :(
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

It is a victory for stupidity, over common sense. As a reward, take a short holiday.... Did you enjoy it? Right, back to work!
Elessar

Postby Rodge1991 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:02 pm

The fact that some people will treat others like this is so sad and backward. the fact that her friends and family show no understanding it's a crying shame.
Visit my Dyspraxia Blog:http://www.DyspraxicFantastic.com
ImageImage
NUMQUAM DEFICERE ~ Never Give Up
Rodge1991
Mega Poster

Postby nathanw-j » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:01 pm

people can be pricks
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby lalacurf121 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:32 am

Post what you guys have good stuff. And have them throw the switch
ทางเข้า royal1688
lalacurf121
Super Poster

Previous

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat