likes noise?

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

likes noise?

Postby Ben gardner » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:35 pm

i've read a thread on here about intolerance of noise but does anyone here prefer noise to silence . like i find it hard to sleep unless i have my music really loud in my headphones (however i do have problems with hearing so i dont know if that could be the case) so is anyone else similar
Ben gardner

Re: likes noise?

Postby Creative » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:37 pm

I'm the opposite to you at night. I have to have complete silence or I can't sleep. A dripping tap can disturb me!
However when doing exams the silence used to make me more anxious. I would have liked some sort of noise to stop me feeling so anxious. Probably classical music or something would have been ideal.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby wadey » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:02 pm

Mojarity of the time I like silence but at night time I like to make noises until I fall asleep.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby _robyn_ » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:39 am

I usually hate noises. During the day I love complete silence.

But I have a massive phobia of the dark, and it may sound weird but at night I have to have my light on and I have to have the sound of something (like a t.v show) in the background. The sound distracts me from the thoughts that outside my room it is dark...

So I do hate noises, but I hate the dark loads more than I do sounds.
Last edited by _robyn_ on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby Steph » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:54 am

I'm like Creative-I can't sleep at night unless it's silent-not helpful when you live in staff accommodation with 40 other people!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Creative » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:13 pm

It has to be dark for me to sleep as well. Light disturbs me. If I go awy I have to take eye shades with me.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Steph » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:25 pm

That's where we differ-I don't mind whether it's light or dark. When I'm at home, I always have my lava lamp on while I'm asleep and turn it off in the morning.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby 07williamsdj » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:21 pm

I live near an airport and I like to hear the planes taking off, they don't go too close to the house, just close enough to be heard. I also like to put music on any time of day, even when I am going to sleep (only quiet though)
07williamsdj

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:09 pm

While I'm sensitive to noise in a crowded place (background noise), I listen to music just about every minute of every day. My headphones are actually glued to my ears! :lol: And I'm always playing music that's loud/pounding, except in lectures :lol: In fact, putting my headphones on is a way of keeping myself calm. If I get anxious or panicky, I'm always comforted by the pressure of the cushion-thingies, even when there's no music playing. I guess I'm a bit like Mary's brother from There's Something About Mary :lol: I also need music to go to sleep. But it can't be Lady Gaga or Nightwish or anything else loud or fast, it has to be something quiet and relaxing. Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqZ_WiwJntA

I actually banned myself from listening to this during the day because it makes me so sleepy!

EDIT: There is something else that I forgot to mention. Similar to how I can't sleep without relaxing music, I can't physically get out of bed until I have Bad Romance on full blast :lol:
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Wolf Spirit » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:45 pm

It depends. I get bored if there's total silence, but I need it to sleep. I also have to have noise in the background when doing homework or I can't do it properly.
Pinkie Pie is best pony!
Wolf Spirit
Forum Master

Postby Liz » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:32 am

Creative wrote:It has to be dark for me to sleep as well. Light disturbs me. If I go awy I have to take eye shades with me.

For me it depends, I'd say. I need my room to be dark as well (with lamps being turned off), but I usually keep the venetian blinds semi-shut as morning light helps me to get up in the morning.

When I'm doing coursework, I prefer some faint noises as well. I also tried listening to some quiet music to foster concentration, but it distracted me way too much.
Liz
Advanced Member

Postby opamphilion » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:41 pm

i dont mind noise but i have a lower tolerents to it to other people
opamphilion

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat