Going out with friends

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Going out with friends

Postby jjk3 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:09 pm

Hi guys,
I was wondering, does anyone else find that their friends don't invite them out much?? On the rare occasion that they do I will say yes if I don't have any prior arrangements, I asked a friend a couple of years back why that was and he said that he thought I prefer being in the house (which I slightly do as I kind of like my own company) but I think it may be something else entirely. Also do other people prefer their own company??
jjk3
Power Poster

Re: Going out with friends

Postby Remus » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:16 pm

I'm quite the introvert, I really enjoy my own company and what I find sad is a lot of people don't understand that and don't respect it. Not that I am saying I'm a total hermit, I do go out occasionally with my friends but it very much has to be something I am comfortable with, nothing too crazy. I personally always hated it when friends at school would invite me to their homes because I'm not great with people and just find it really uncomfortable when it came to talk to their parents.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:27 pm

I have become a lot more social in the last few years but I still find I don't get invited to events a lot. My manager is having a birthday party in Brighton tomorrow night and I wasn't invited-I only found out through some colleagues. I don't take offence though as I know it's because they know I'm not into the whole clubbing scene.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby wadey » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:34 pm

I dont get invited out much and sometimes i oragnise things but people who say the came 98% of time will eventually cancel, sometimes i find it annoying but i do perfer my own company
wadey
Site Admin

Postby galexy96 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:38 pm

I am similar to the others. I definitely prefer my own company. I don't go out as much as the average teenager, but i don't mind that. Also, i definitely prefer someone asking me to come out a few days in advance, as it kind of gives me time to prepare for it. If someone asks me out on the day, I usually decline.
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby cosmiccreeper » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:44 am

Yeah I don't organise or plan things much with friends, and like Remus I don't always get the feeling that people understand why I like my own company. They're a bit more understanding now though, and that's probably why my friends don't tend to ask me to things. I also find I don't make friends spontaneously, the way that other people do. I used to feel a lot of pressure to do the whole going out/party scene, but I only ever do that on the odd occasion now and I think I like it that way. Just hope the rest of the world does too.
cosmiccreeper
Advanced Member

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:05 pm

I sometimes feel like people don't invite me when they go out. But then, I quite often don't go when I am, so they probably don't see the point in inviting me. I'm trying to go out more.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby kitty123 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:44 am

i dont really go out with my friends much allthough i am trying to do more with them for example next month i will be goin on a weekend away to london with my st john cadets group. Bit scared though only ever spent a day with them not a whole weekend gonna have to try really hard to not let my dyspraxia get in the way and just enjoy it :)
"dyspraxia made me who i am today without it life would be boring (the little lifts you get when you manage to to an simple "everyday task like pouring juice without spills )" [/color]
kitty123
Super Poster

Postby JamesStanley » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:53 pm

I dont get invited out often either but I'm not bothered by this as I generally prefer it by my self with just Jacki (my Gecko) for company. I like long walks alone it gives me time to think about things
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat