Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Re: Dyspraxic moments that you're able to laugh at.

Postby _robyn_ » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:55 pm

Looking in the mirror- turning around, slipping on some clothes and landing flat on my face. While my sister was videoing it XD
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby Steph » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:55 pm

One time I was with a student of mine who uses a wheelchair and I was pushing him around a local town and ended up banging the chair against a cobble and then banging it into the pavement and then smacking it into the bottom shelves at a newsagents-the student was laughing hysterically at me!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Bri97 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:03 pm

Once a few years ago we had to do this relay race at school. I was really nervous cos I knew something bad was going to happen. I managed to run my part without tripping or making a fool of myself until the end when I slipped and fell flat on my back. My hwole year and about 6 teachers saw. :oops:
Bri97
Power Poster

Postby PopOnImpact » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:31 am

Every now and then when I get excited I essentially lose control for a second or two and run up and down the room. Other people tend to find it amusing and I have always been able to see the funny side.
PopOnImpact

Postby Steph » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:11 pm

PopOnImpact wrote:Every now and then when I get excited I essentially lose control for a second or two and run up and down the room. Other people tend to find it amusing and I have always been able to see the funny side.

I do the same thing-mainly when I am listening to music but, when I was a teenager, I used to run round all the time without music as I didn't have an IPod then. I remember I used to run up and down the corridor of my boarding house and, one time, I lost coordination and tripped and did a side skid right outside a staff's flat. Everyone downstairs heard and my backside was sore for quite a few days!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby lycanfist » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:17 pm

I buckled and fell into a mud puddle last week, and I came home looking like a monster :lol:
"You are what you dare" - The didact, halo cryptum
I am the worlds biggest Halo, and hunter x hunter fan :D
http://www.youtube.com/lycanfist
http://www.twitter.com/lycanfist
lycanfist
Super Poster

Postby Dilos » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:09 am

Had to go in a tanning booth on sunday to start a tan for comp (i know weird but cause i'm on a squad of girls doing it i'd stand out as a ghost in all the pictures so i have to do it :( ) so i just finished my time and i come back out the pod to start putting clothes on. However there is no seat so i am left to do the dreaded putting shoes on while balancing on one leg well it was at this point i lose balance and learn there was a bin in the booth of which i proceded to fall backwards over into the booth wall then through it, safe to say next person in the queue in shop wet themselves with laughter.
Dilos

Postby nathanw-j » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:45 pm

i keep on walking into walls which is kind of annoying :oops: :oops: :oops:
it is quite embarrasing when near a large crowd of people
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby magnificentjosh » Wed May 30, 2012 1:44 am

I have a countless number of these, my hands aren't known as dyspraxihands for nothing.

If I had to pick one, it would be a few months ago when I dropped some cream cheese on my foot. I tried to shake my foot to get rid of it, but managed to end up kicking it across the kitchen, leaving stuck to the wall in a perfect blob.
magnificentjosh

Postby dizzyd » Wed May 30, 2012 4:47 pm

Once I was in the bathroom getting changed for a bath, I bent down to take my socks of...and head butted the sink. In fact I hit it so hard I had to go to A&E with a mild concussion and miss a day of school. I still haven't lived it down. :lol:
“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
dizzyd

Postby HollyFox94 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:59 pm

Like most I have lots... A few that I remember well are: walking into a lampost on the way to school around 6 years ago, ending flat on my back after triping over my feet whist sprinting in s2 or 3 and more recently aka yeaterday falling off a seat, dropping tuna off of a spoon into other food :/ and knocking over a glass. All were hilarious in one way or another. XD
HollyFox94

Postby kat95 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Standing right next to the train station and wondering where it is! I have never been the most observant person :D
kat95
Mega Poster

Postby jpe123 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:08 pm

I was feeling quite worried about organising my dissertation as well as other work and general life until i read the posts in this topic, which made me chuckle! I've had many dyspraxic moments but i would say my favourite was at school, when i walked up a flight of stairs, tripped on the top step and flew into a set of doors. Couldn't stop laughing for at least five minutes. Luckily i was alone with one of my friends so nobody else saw.

Also, my friends often laugh at me for tripping over absolutely nothing, particularly when i do it multiple times in quick succession.

Im just procrastinating now rather than going to sleep, perhaps i should post in that forum too.
jpe123

Postby Volition » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:19 pm

My best one would probably be when I was visting the New Forest. I was walking with a couple of friends and munching on a biscuit, I fumbled with the biscuit for a moment and then fell into the stream we were walking besides! I came out very wet and without my flapjack but I came out laughing too.

I also once walked into the lamp post at the corner of my street... Face first and full throttle. I had a black eye for weeks but I now look back on it as funny, not traumatic! XD
Volition

Postby wadey » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:16 pm

when you doing a paper round and forget to actually deliver the papers so have to go back to all the houses again
wadey
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips