why do dyspraxics get depressed?

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

why do dyspraxics get depressed?

Postby crazyrandompie » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:23 pm

i mean i get depressexd soooo easily i mean i AM 14! buuut.............ive always have had mood swings like i could be really happy to SOOO SADD OR calm to ANGRY! :oops:
crazyrandompie

Re: why do dyspraxics get depressed?

Postby wadey » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:32 am

it might be a good idea to go to your doctor to talk about depression
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:18 am

I agree with Wadey-you need to speak to your doctor about getting some treatment for your depression. Dyspraxics can be more prone to depression because life with dyspraxia can be very frustrating which can lead to people feeling down but not everybody with dyspraxia has depressive thoughts if that makes any sense.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby crazyrandompie » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:35 am

oh lol no no idont have depression i mean on a websiites it says that they feel depressed easily and also i get scared easily does anyone else? thanks
crazyrandompie

Postby crazyrandompie » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:35 am

oh lol no no idont have depression i mean on a websiites it says that they feel depressed easily and also i get scared easily does anyone else? thanks
crazyrandompie

Postby Dan D Lyons » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:59 pm

I sometimes feel very down, but not usualy directly because of my dyspraxia, sometimes because of things surrounding it (if that makes sense) but I mostly feel like that when I think about certain things in my past.
I am scared of some things quite a lot.
07williamsdj Nov 15, 2010 - Jul 11, 2012
Dan D Lyons
Mega Poster

Postby Alice » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:07 pm

I think your mood swings may have more to do with your age than your dyspraxia.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby crazyrandompie » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:00 pm

yeeep ur all probably right! :) well done!
crazyrandompie

Postby Priyaluvv8 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 pm

I don't exactly know why dyspraxics get depressed but I do know what its like. my mum doesn't think my depression is soooo serious that I need medication but I have been stabbing pins into my skin and wishing I was dead. and yess I have been feeling scared and phobias have been affecting my sleep. you're not alone.
Priyaluvv8
Super Poster

Postby Steph » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:31 pm

Priya, if you are self harming, that is a sign that you have been keeping feelings in for far too long and you are very stressed. I think you should see your doctor and tell him you have been self harming. You won't necessarily be prescribed medication but it definitely sounds like you would benefit from a course of counselling or therapy to help you deal with the underlying reasons behind your depression. I hope you can find some help soon.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby synthi31 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Hello all,
I am in a trouble, but still I am unable to find a correct solution. I have always suffered and never known why. I have always blamed myself and always sort to resolve it myself. But now I have become aware of my possible dyspraxia a great way of anxiety has crashed over me and all my normal coping strategies dont seem enough. My husband wants me to go to the gp but I still down feel I will be taken seriously. 40 years of feeling that something was wrong but nobody else really seeing it does leave you feeling like a 'fake'. Please suggest me
synthi31

Postby Neil » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:33 pm

We are depressed because of all the frustration, exhaustion, emotional highs & lows and all the failure and isolation the condition can bring. It's completely natural.
We're right to be depressed - something isn't quite right with us sometimes.
People are often made to feel that it's wrong to be depressed or down, but it's absolutely not, as there's a bloody good reason to feel such a way, so never feel bad for feeling depressed, your body is telling you that something isn't right, and because of that depression you feel, you'll then be compelled to find out what exactly it is that isn't right and that will set you on the path to happiness.
Neil

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat