hallo! me again.

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

hallo! me again.

Postby Purple_Alpaca » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi! Long time no speak! :D I‘ve been abseng from this lovely forum for awhile due to a rather nasty bout of mental illness. I‘m on Citalopram (an antidepressant which also does wonders for anxiety) and I start therapy on the 23rd of thid month. I‘m funtioning better: I can do things like clean my room, cook a meal and read a book (doesn‘t sound like much but at one point I had to read things like Jaqueline Wilson books because I couldn‘t focus on something aimed at adults.). Writing fluently was also nigh on impossible. Sentences would either be very long and nonsensical or short, fragmented and lacking in grammar. This upset me more than anything else.

Also... I GOT A JOB. WOOO!
I am a Starbucks barista and have been since July. I *may* be being promoted to a supervisory position soon. I‘m overjoyed. :D

Overall I wouldn‘t say everything is fine but I‘m doing my best. I can do more, and I‘ve learned to stop isolating myself. I‘m glad to be back <3
Smile, dance, laugh, live and don't take anything for granted. Being here is a gift.

“My advice to you is please don't ever sit in your room and lock yourself away because you don't think you're good enough.”

Hello(:I'm Holly.
Purple_Alpaca
Forum Master

Re: hallo! me again.

Postby wadey » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:53 am

It nice to hear from you, sorry to hear that you haven't been well bu glad the medication is helping and i hope that the therapy will help you also - good luck with it.

Well done on getting a job and glad that you are enjoying it. Hope you get the promotion! They must think you are a vaild member of the team if they thinking about promoting you only after 5 months, you should feel really good about it!!

I glad things are looking up for you, and when your therapy starts I'm sure everying else will start to look up. I'm glad that you have stop isolating yourself.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby nathanw-j » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:05 pm

hi again

an well done
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby Remus » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:07 pm

Hello Holly, welcome back. :D I'm sorry to hear about the mental illness but I'm glad the medication is helping and I hope the therapy goes well and helps you progress even further and improve.

Fantastic news about the job, well done and good luck with it for the future, I hope you get the promotion! :D
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Welcome back, Holly :D The fact that you may get promoted after only 5 months is amazing-you must be great at your job :) I read your posts on Facebook every day so I am aware how anxious you've been feeling lately. I hope the joined effort of the Citalopram and the therapy helps you.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 pm

That's just wonderful :D
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat