eating with your mouth closed

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

eating with your mouth closed

Postby scarlette_gee » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:00 am

i simply cannot eat with my mouth closed (unless i sit there and think about closing my mouth, which then leads to meals in silence) and my dyslexic friend cant understand, she makes rude gestures at me (not swearing but making horrible faces and using her hands to show me what im doing, in not a polite manner). shes always like omg Charlotte close your mouth it's so gross it makes me want to be sick, and then turns to out other friends and goes: doesn't it just make you want to throw up, why cant she eat with her mouth closed. this has put me in tears so many times, i just feel like she should shut up before i shut her up sometimes. well yeah anyway she can be horrible sometimes, well all the time:cry:
scarlette_gee

Re: eating with your mouth closed

Postby Priyaluvv8 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:28 am

I have that same problem, my family keeps on telling me off about it. I know it sucks.
YOUR NOT ALONE
Priyaluvv8
Super Poster

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:13 pm

Scarlette, could you please refrain from using bright pink font? A quite a few of us have reading/eye problems here, and are sensitive to bright colours. (Sorry, not being mean!)

Anyway, yes. I can't eat with my mouth closed either. It has caused a lot of grief for me in the past, but at the moment, I am waiting to have dental treatment for it. This will end in me having an operation to realign my jaws so it can both of them can fix together. If you have an under or overbite, this might help you as well.
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby scarlette_gee » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:46 pm

i refrain from bright colours, it was brighter before but i couldn't read it, some poeple on here use red and the red on blue makes my eyes hurt, do you have a problem with yellow (because i love yellow) if so i will refrain from posting in yellow aswell
scarlette_gee

Postby Steph » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:00 pm

I struggle with eating with my mouth closed but I am a lot better at it than I used to be. However, even when I eat with my mouth closed, I am still a noisy chewer so still get grief from my family for that-feels like I can't win sometimes! I think the reason why we struggle to eat with our mouths closed is because it actually takes a lot of muscle coordination to close both lips together and also coordinate chewing at the same time-a lot of people without dyspraxia don't understand this because they take it for granted that they can do this and so can't see why we struggle.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby HappyAndBouncy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:59 pm

I all ways have trouble eating with my mouth closed. My mum doesn't like it. It doesn't help having braces either.
HappyAndBouncy

Postby Dyspraxic bear » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:27 pm

Me too my dad hates it and tells me too close my mouth but even if I concentrate with all my might I am still rubbish at it
Dyspraxic bear
Power Poster

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat