Dogs

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Dogs

Postby HappyAndBouncy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:24 pm

I'm getting a puppy tomorrow and I am really nervous. One of the things I'm worried about is kicking it by accident. Does any one else have a dog? What do you do?
HappyAndBouncy

Re: Dogs

Postby wadey » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:05 pm

Enjoy your new puppy, I have a dog and i often fall over him! So i wouldn't worry if you accidently kick him, accidental kicks won't do serious damage.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby SonicRocks369 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:38 pm

Good luck with the new puppy! :mrgreen:
Sasha

Sonic the Hedgehog Rocks!!
"An adventure's no fun if it's too easy." - Sonic the Hedgehog

Danger Mouse is Awesome! :)
SonicRocks369
Splendiferous Member

Postby nathanw-j » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:09 am

wadey wrote:accidental kicks won't do serious damage.

such a great attitude to have towards small animals
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby wadey » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:29 am

nathanw-j wrote:

I still feel guilty when i accidently fall over any animals but at least i know i havent seriously hurt them nor am i doing it on purpose. I think you might find that I will do anything to protect animals, i have rescued many and they have a better life with me then their previous owners.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby nathanw-j » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:45 am

wadey wrote:
nathanw-j wrote:

I still feel guilty when i accidently fall over any animals but at least i know i havent seriously hurt them nor am i doing it on purpose. I think you might find that I will do anything to protect animals, i have rescued many and they have a better life with me then their previous owners.

i know, i was joking
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby Steph » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:22 pm

I hope you have a lot of fun with your new puppy. Dogs can be wonderful friends. I am terrified of them myself but I can understand why so many people love them.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:32 pm

Good luck with the new puppy, I hope you have lots of fun with your puppy! I can't really advised though as I don't have a lot of experience with dogs and I am always nervous around them due to the lack of experience although I did have a German Shepherd named Paddy when I was little. Don't worry about the accidental kicks, accidents happen. I've done it with my cats, I swear it's like they actually try to trip me down the stairs! :lol:
Remus
Site Admin

Postby ThatMadHatter » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:51 pm

I love dogs. However dogs can make a lot of noise depending on the breed. Hence why I don't have one. Sensory issues and all.
But they're great for having fun with! Don't worry about tripping on your dog, they can take a few knocks :)
Uniqueness! Eccentricity! FTW!
ThatMadHatter
Advanced Member

Postby Dan D Lyons » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:18 pm

dogs are great! Don't worry too much about tripping or knocking them, one of my dogs are as clumsy as I am and we are always knocking into things and eachother but he is fine and we get on very well. Another thing, puppys can be massive vandals when you first get them :P .
07williamsdj Nov 15, 2010 - Jul 11, 2012
Dan D Lyons
Mega Poster

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips