Mucles shaking

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Re: Mucles shaking

Postby carebear15 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:38 pm

i have restless leg syndrome and don't even understand it.

I make shaky movements and my hands and arms shake and twitch in face and legs.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby AnandaThePanda » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:46 pm

Yes I get twitches/shaking! I get eye strain. Also a slight drop in temperature can make me shiver. Sometimes using the slightest bit of strength makes me shake. But when that happens, I find that having something to eat helps.
AnandaThePanda
Super Poster

Postby Liz » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:22 pm

I have that sort of thing as well, especially the big muscles in my upper leg and my upper arm shake. My eyes tend to twitch ocassionally as well but it doesn't concern me that much as I've been having it for years.
Also the back of my hands prickle (for whatever reason).
Liz
Advanced Member

Postby Kirbster12 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:33 pm

Not on RLS, but very similar...
Does anyone get odd sensations, when, after standing in the same position(Up against a wall etc.) for a long time, one of your legs inexplicably caves in? I've been noticing it for a few months now, and I'm interested to know if anyone is experiencing the same sort of thing?
What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring. ~ Sherlock :)

City Council would like to remind everyone that dogs are not allowed in the dog park. People are not allowed in the dog park...
Kirbster12
Forum Master

Postby 07williamsdj » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:30 pm

yeah, that happens to me sometimes. My legs also sometimes twitch when I stand up for a long time. Also one or both of my legs move unconciously when im sitting down until I notice and stop it.
07williamsdj

Postby kpchips123 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:28 pm

im the same except my whole body shakes and it lasts for ages and sometimes my knee will lock up and ill literally drop to the floor in pain anyone had something similar
kpchips123

Postby Conor » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Yeah ive also go the shaking thing aswell

I find my knee to at times to bob up and down nonstop at times normally during dinner which tends to annoy my dad
Conor
Power Poster

Postby Luna_is_so_cool_like » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:01 am

I find that I shake a lot. I didn't really notice until the other day when I was filming, and I noticed the shakiness when I was watching the video after.
I also have this thing about jigging my knee up and down constantly when I'm sat down. My grandad does it too, and he says it's called 'nimming'.
- If ever you feel hella sad, just remember that you're hella rad -
Luna_is_so_cool_like
Splendiferous Member

Postby Bruce » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:07 pm

I get it as well, I have quite bad insomnia (usually less than an hours sleep per night) and I'm guessing that is caused by my dyspraxia as well.
Luna_is_so_cool_like wrote:I find that I shake a lot. I didn't really notice until the other day when I was filming, and I noticed the shakiness when I was watching the video after.
I also have this thing about jigging my knee up and down constantly when I'm sat down. My grandad does it too, and he says it's called 'nimming'.
I get the same thing.
Bruce
Forum Master

Postby nathanw-j » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:07 pm

i just twitch a lot
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby Paddington » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:47 pm

its scary when my muscles do that. If I have to sit still my leg /foot will decide to shake of its own accord. My hands also do this. When I sleep I move about the bed to and when I was younger if I turned my head to the left my hand would move of its own accord.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas Edison ( dyspraxic entrepreneur)
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
Paddington
Mega Poster

Postby Bruce » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:04 am

Luna_is_so_cool_like wrote:I find that I shake a lot. I didn't really notice until the other day when I was filming, and I noticed the shakiness when I was watching the video after.

Your signature is really hard to read with the cobalt2 background! I'm just an annoyance to everyone on the forum :( I try not to be annoying :(
Bruce
Forum Master

Postby Bruce » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Usually it's only in my upper right leg, but also rarely in my right arm. Just a minute ago I noticed that all of my arms and legs were shaking. :cry: :( :( :(
Bruce
Forum Master

Previous

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips