Who else here is totally intolerant when it comes to noise?

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Re: Who else here is totally intolerant when it comes to noise?

Postby Kerrias » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:30 pm

I really can't stand the sound of chewing, or rustling of packets, or the 'tap tap tap' of my brother playing darts and other noises. I get really angry and frustrated when I'm near someone eating noisily or scrunching a crisp packet etc especially when I'm somewhere closed like a car when I cant get away, also I cant really tell these people to shut up because I know theyre doing nothing wrong, and so I usually sit there panic and frustration bubbling inside me and have on occasions burst out crying in a friends car. (His parents now think Im a total wierdo hahaha) Its also irratating in school if for example someone is chewing loudly behind me or even if a clock is ticking too loudly my concentration is gone, usually if I can I find headphones and loud music fixes it haha, but there are times when thats impossible ie school...
Kerrias
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:27 pm

Re: Who else here is totally intolerant when it comes to noise?

Postby nathanw-j » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:52 pm

yes i hate loud noises it gives me a bad headache :cry:
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:49 pm
Location: Seaton, Devon, England, UK

Re: Who else here is totally intolerant when it comes to noise?

Postby trembz9393 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Kerrias wrote:I really can't stand the sound of chewing, or rustling of packets, or the 'tap tap tap' of my brother playing darts and other noises. I get really angry and frustrated when I'm near someone eating noisily or scrunching a crisp packet etc especially when I'm somewhere closed like a car when I cant get away, also I cant really tell these people to shut up because I know theyre doing nothing wrong, and so I usually sit there panic and frustration bubbling inside me and have on occasions burst out crying in a friends car. (His parents now think Im a total wierdo hahaha) Its also irratating in school if for example someone is chewing loudly behind me or even if a clock is ticking too loudly my concentration is gone, usually if I can I find headphones and loud music fixes it haha, but there are times when thats impossible ie school...


Get an ipod and take it with you. That way you if you get irritated, just listen to your music. As far as school goes, I don't know the rules there, but at school over here; we are not allowed to listen to our ipods. If that is the case; try to focus you're attention what your surroundings are in the room or your school work, and try to zone it out. It maybe difficult, but just try to relax and breath. If that does not work, you can try ear plugs.
trembz9393
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:16 pm

Re: Who else here is totally intolerant when it comes to noi

Postby stickyman10 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:17 am

The moment my sister sings i cant stand it and tell her to shut up. i cant stand that type of noise
stickyman10
Newbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:44 pm

Re: Who else here is totally intolerant when it comes to noi

Postby Dyspraxic bear » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Same I can't thik with lots of noise and it stresses me out my brother loves playing the piano as loud as he can and I just want to scream my homework is relly hard so I do lots at school but then people scream there then hen the pop kids tell them to shut up they stop but when I tell them to be quiet they ignore Me or tell me to shut up
Dyspraxic bear
Power Poster
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:22 pm

Re: Who else here is totally intolerant when it comes to noi

Postby HappyAndBouncy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:26 pm

The noise at school stops me from focusing and as soonas I was moved into a quieter class my levels went up.
HappyAndBouncy
Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:52 pm
Location: East Sussex

Re: Who else here is totally intolerant when it comes to noi

Postby Luna_is_so_cool_like » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:01 am

Loud noises make me flinch etc. It's horrible! I have 2 noisy younger siblings and a lot of younger cousins who are noisy too, and you can imagine how bad it is for me. An unexpected bang makes me flinch.
However, I'll listen to my music really loudly, and it's the only thing I'm not affected by!
- If ever you feel hella sad, just remember that you're hella rad -
User avatar
Luna_is_so_cool_like
Splendiferous Member
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:05 am
Location: Somewhere In Neverland

Re: Who else here is totally intolerant when it comes to noi

Postby Steph » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:48 pm

I can tolerate loud music too as long as it's my own. I think it's because we have control over our music-we decide how loud it's going to be and when we are going to turn it up etc whereas other noises are unpredictable and we have no control over them so that's why they distress us. That's my theory anyway.
Steph
Forum God !
 
Posts: 7853
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Surrey, south east England

Re: Who else here is totally intolerant when it comes to noi

Postby Luna_is_so_cool_like » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:49 am

Steph wrote:I can tolerate loud music too as long as it's my own. I think it's because we have control over our music-we decide how loud it's going to be and when we are going to turn it up etc whereas other noises are unpredictable and we have no control over them so that's why they distress us. That's my theory anyway.


That's probably true. I can't stand the sound of my baby sister crying when she's close to me, because it just hurts my ears.
- If ever you feel hella sad, just remember that you're hella rad -
User avatar
Luna_is_so_cool_like
Splendiferous Member
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:05 am
Location: Somewhere In Neverland

Re: Who else here is totally intolerant when it comes to noi

Postby nathanw-j » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:10 am

my sister keeps eating with her mouth open and it irritates me because the sound is gross and it is bad manners
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:49 pm
Location: Seaton, Devon, England, UK

Re: Who else here is totally intolerant when it comes to noi

Postby Luna_is_so_cool_like » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:58 am

nathanw-j wrote:my sister keeps eating with her mouth open and it irritates me because the sound is gross and it is bad manners


My little brother does that too, and the noise winds me up so much!
- If ever you feel hella sad, just remember that you're hella rad -
User avatar
Luna_is_so_cool_like
Splendiferous Member
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:05 am
Location: Somewhere In Neverland

Re: Who else here is totally intolerant when it comes to noi

Postby ShannonRoomie123 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 pm

I'm the same with sound. Too much hurts my ears and I can have a 'meltdown' as me and my family call it. That's where I stop functioning. However if it is silent I cant handle it either. I love having music and if I cant hear any I tend to get annoyed. I usually use my head phones to block out other sound and then nearly get myself run over. However. For the too much sound problem, my friends father gave me some earplugs that block out 80% of sound. Because of them, I have managed to go to two concerts :lol: which I always thought I wouldn't be able to do.
ShannonRoomie123
Power Poster
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:12 pm
Location: Stockport, England xD

Re: Who else here is totally intolerant when it comes to noi

Postby ShannonRoomie123 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:08 pm

Luna_is_so_cool_like wrote: An unexpected bang makes me flinch.
However, I'll listen to my music really loudly, and it's the only thing I'm not affected by!

I'm the same with this.
ShannonRoomie123
Power Poster
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:12 pm
Location: Stockport, England xD

Re: Who else here is totally intolerant when it comes to noi

Postby Justsomeone761 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:10 pm

i can't stand really high scratchy noises, but apart from that i am more likely to get uncomfterable because of silence then because of noise.
Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them. - Eeyore
Justsomeone761
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:33 pm

Re: Who else here is totally intolerant when it comes to noi

Postby carebear15 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:48 pm

I am noise sensitive it hurts my ears and part of my autism
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:00 pm
Location: usa, Indiana

Previous

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest