My mum is moving back to SA

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

My mum is moving back to SA

Postby BethanyGillam » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:44 pm

My mum is going back home, and I have to stay here for another year to finish college. I can either go to boarding school our move in with my dad and his family. I don't want to d oeither because I'm not self sufficient enough to go to boarding school, and I don't want to move in with my dads family. Any advice for me. Please.
BethanyGillam
Super Poster

Re: My mum is moving back to SA

Postby nathanw-j » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:09 am

i would go to boarding school if i were you because you can meet new people but i have no idea what self sufficient means so yeah, not sure what else to put
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby Steph » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:47 pm

You may be surprised at how well you might be able to cope with boarding school. I was a boarder at my school from the ages of 14 to 16 and I loved it and coped very well despite my Aspergers and my dyspraxia. Boarding schools differ from each other in ways but, in mine, it didn't matter if you weren't that self sufficient to begin with-it teaches you to be self sufficient over time.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby BethanyGillam » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Thanks I don't even know at the moment I'm just prey poised that my mums moving back home and leaving me and my brother here. I don't want her to go back but I've got no clue how to tell her.
BethanyGillam
Super Poster

Postby Remus » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:32 am

If I were you, I would just tell her you need a quiet chat with her and just talk about your concerns. It's only natural to be worried and anxious from such a big change going to occur.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby wadey » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:44 pm

I agree with Remus about talking to your mum about how you feel. I also think you should write a list about of the positive and negatives of going to boarding school and living with your dad as that might help you to make up your mind.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby BethanyGillam » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:41 pm

I think I'm going to go and board at school. My brother.tried to speak to my mum but she didn't want to talk about it.
BethanyGillam
Super Poster

Postby wadey » Thu May 02, 2013 8:27 am

If your mum is refusing to listen to you and your bother when you try and speak to her, it might be an idea to write her a letter about how you feeling and leave it where she will find it.
wadey
Site Admin

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat