School withdrew me from my GCSEs

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

School withdrew me from my GCSEs

Postby Scarlett » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Well had core science GCSEs a couple of weeks ago. It was really hard getting to use a laptop because it was left to me to organise it and SEN didn't do anything. BUt after a lot of hassle I got to use one.

And now I've found out SEN and the exam officers didn't communicate and no one told AQA that I was an online user in time.

So AQA refused to mark it. It went to SLT (senior leadership team basically all the deputy heads and important people in the school) and based on the fact that I was SEN they made the assumption I wasn't intelligent enough to do it anyway and withdrew me (I'm in top set for science)

So at the moment I'm withdrawn from them. My Science teachers were horrified and are making a big fuss about it and we got a apology from the deputy head, they're trying to get the exam board to reverse it and accept my paper as its the schools fault. So hopefully AQA will accept it, anyone know anything about these types of situations and whether they're likely to accept it?
Scarlett

Re: School withdrew me from my GCSEs

Postby kitty123 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:27 pm

Thats terrible. I hope they accept it but exam boards are funny and like things their way. Hope they accept it and you do well :D
"dyspraxia made me who i am today without it life would be boring (the little lifts you get when you manage to to an simple "everyday task like pouring juice without spills )" [/color]
kitty123
Super Poster

Postby Steph » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:55 am

That's awful :( I hope it all gets sorted out. Everybody should have a chance to take their GCSEs.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby ShannonRoomie123 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:40 pm

I'm sorry, that's awful. I haven't been in that situation but i understand people thinking you aren't that smart when you are in top set. I either get that or i get expected to do too much
ShannonRoomie123
Power Poster

Postby Dan D Lyons » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:34 am

That is just completely heinous!!!! I'm sorry, things like this just make me so angry!!!! Not only did they make already hard exams a lot more harder, they also assumed that you were unintelligent. This is blatant discrimination which shouldn't have occurred in the first place. However; I think that you have a very strong case for getting AQA to accept it.
07williamsdj Nov 15, 2010 - Jul 11, 2012
Dan D Lyons
Mega Poster

Postby Scarlett » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:02 pm

Thanks everyone, my mum got a call saying AQA accepted it but the school's getting a big telling off. i'm really glad, resitting would have meant loads more stress and I have enough already. Also I suddenly got called in for SEN tests to prove what needs I have for exams that were supposed to be done two years ago but no one bothered to do it with me? To be honest I'm not surprised we're on special measures again...
Scarlett

Postby Remus » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:58 pm

I'm glad they got accepted and that you don't have to resit them. That's awful of your school, they deserve a telling off.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby wadey » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:09 am

Glad AQA accepted it,
wadey
Site Admin

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat