Dyspraxic aids

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Dyspraxic aids

Postby kitty123 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Are there any product/aid/device you use to help make living with dyspraxia easier. I will give you an example. I use a ring pull device because i cant open ring pulls and stabilo pens because i find normal pens hard to grip.

Is there any device you use to help make life with dyspraxia that bit easier :D
"dyspraxia made me who i am today without it life would be boring (the little lifts you get when you manage to to an simple "everyday task like pouring juice without spills )" [/color]
kitty123
Super Poster

Re: Dyspraxic aids

Postby Steph » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:48 am

At work, we have a food blender which also doubles up as a grater, chopper and slicer (it's very fancy!). This has saved me so much time in the kitchen as chopping, grating and slicing things manually takes forever.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Paddington » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:26 pm

I always carry around sand toys wherever I go as I can sit still- one of the things I have massive problems with. They are small, easy to conceal, have different textures and are enjoyable to fiddle with. They also don't explode into go or anything bad if you fiddle to hard. I have a couple so that I don't get bored of fiddling but the teachers like the idea as it doesn't distract anyone else and really helps keep my concentration on the lesson. I also use rulers with blue tack on to help keep them straight as well.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas Edison ( dyspraxic entrepreneur)
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
Paddington
Mega Poster

Postby Remus » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:56 pm

Paddington wrote:I always carry around sand toys wherever I go as I can sit still- one of the things I have massive problems with. They are small, easy to conceal, have different textures and are enjoyable to fiddle with. They also don't explode into go or anything bad if you fiddle to hard. I have a couple so that I don't get bored of fiddling but the teachers like the idea as it doesn't distract anyone else and really helps keep my concentration on the lesson. I also use rulers with blue tack on to help keep them straight as well.

I love those little sand toys, I've got a few of them. My favourite is this small, little cat and it's feels really relaxing to press him when I'm feeling stressed.

I have this tool where you put it on top of the fruit or vegetable you want to cut, I use it for my apples and you just pressed it down and it cuts the apple into chopped pieces which is much nicer and easily than having to slice it with a knife.
Remus
Site Admin

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips