Writing - It's a bloody pain!!

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Re: Writing - It's a bloody pain!!

Postby DeeJ » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:18 am

Like others have said, as trivial as it sounds - what pen you use does actually make a difference! I had to get through my English A-levels with my dyspraxia and that involves a lot of writing!

I bought a couple of fairly expensive personalised fountain pens from http://www.executivepensdirect.com and I had far less problems.
DeeJ

Postby DeeJ » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:18 am

Oops, double post - sorry. Not sure how to delete I'm new around here!
DeeJ

Postby Paddington » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:54 pm

I can wite but after 6 minutes it gets un bearably painful I stop writing and flap it about like a chicken. This normally earns me a surprised look from whatever teacher is there. My writing is really slow as well. I can write pain free with a really loose grip but then even I cant read my writing. For me this is one of the arias my dyspraxia affects the most. The answer is simple I don't write I type on an alpha smart wherever possible I can type over 2 times as fast as I can write and I can also go back and correct my numerous spelling mistakes. I hate writing but typing is a lot easier especially for timed peace's.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas Edison ( dyspraxic entrepreneur)
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
Paddington
Mega Poster

Postby yoghurt » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Writing really hurts my hand, I have to stop and shake it every 2 seconds its so annoying. Also my writing is very messy, especially when i have to write fast. is usually legible though. some people make jokey comments about it, and once someone said 'wow you really write like a retard dont you' which although I laughed it off really hurt
yoghurt

Postby Paddington » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:05 pm

Ok I don't feel I explained myself properly.
I abhor writing the idea literally fills me with dread. In My school when the year 8s are having there vaccinations I get confused as to why they think that its painful. Try writing for 6 minutes with my hand then they wouldn't mind. It literally feel like someone's had a go at acupuncture on my wrist only with white hot needles. And then people ask me why I don't scream in pain at the slightest cut? Writing is an abomination.

So once we have got the idea its painful lets move on to the fact that its illegible. My teachers struggle to read it and at my friends party she got me to write something so the rest of the people could have a go at deciphering it ( it was a bit insulting since on a friend of hers who I have been writing a story with had just said "I couldn't care less" when I had just tried to explain about my dyslexia and dyspraxia as an explanation of my appalling grammar and punctuation- super insulting since she had been complaining about it to my friend and she had done previous stuff like give me death threats when I accidently did something) they all had a good laugh about it and yes it is quite funny and if it causes me that much inconvenience the least I can do is get a good laugh out of it.

Ok so got the idea of painful illegible writing? ( thanks to dyspraxia and dysgraphia- I always find the fact one of my problems has graphs and its name funny since graphs are my ultimate torture along with tennis- but its to dyspraxia so I normally just call it that ) Now lets add in what dyslexia adds to this. For those people who pass the being able to read it challenge there is the grammar punctuation and spelling. My friends get so annoyed at this its so simple apparently anyone can do it ( My friends probably sound like vampires at the moment there really nice honestly they can just go a bit crazy sometimes and since I normally brush off everything they find it tricky to know when it hurts) but if letters like switching around how can I help it? when you say I spelt Hecate wrong I have been reading it as hectate for the past 3 or so years. Once I have done all the corrections and combed over it the letters think its fun to spin around my skull and I mean I am thinking about something when a letter will bob happily past.

I am so glad I get to use a laptop for my exams but writings not a pain it is execrate ! :|
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas Edison ( dyspraxic entrepreneur)
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
Paddington
Mega Poster

Postby samuelarnold » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:09 am

For many scholars it becomes quite a task when you have more than one assignment to submit at particular time. Deadline for submitting these assignments may be close or at the same time and this might cause immense pressure on the student. Smart scholars find a way to relieve themselves off the pressure by employing professional and credible homework writing help from renowned firms. Last week i have planned to buy term papers online due to my lack of writing skills. With professional custom assignment help from well reputed and legitimate company, you can have your homework written, proofread and edited by professional writers thus raising the quality of your work and consequently your grades and academic performance. This is guaranteed because writing firms dedicated to serve scholars with satisfactory homework writing help will employ and motivate adequately trained and skilled writers as well as have modern and resourceful research facilities.
samuelarnold

Previous

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat