How to stop worrying about what others think of me?

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Postby billy15uk » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:05 pm

Hi.

When i go outside or to a place where there's people like at the bar or at a fast food place(Mcdonalds), any place.

I sometimes think when people see me what there will think of me.
for example at a bar i don't care what people think of me after a couple drinks of alcohol in me and enjoy myself more.

But when i am sober, i sometimes worry what others think of me.

And Before last summer i thought i mentally prepared myself and got my confidence up alot.

In last summer i made a couple friends and the 1st time i met them and hung out in a group i felt really good about myself and did not care others think of me?

But after that time when i hang out with them it was not the the same as the 1st time because i kept worrying about what my friends think of me and felt insecure but at every other day it was good(did not care) and some days i felt insecure around my friends.

There was this one girl(Very shy) i liked and wanted to get close to her but i was too insecure around her.
But got on well with her sister a bit more because i did not feel insecure around her.

And i did not go to the swimming pool with my friends because you know what(above).

I keep telling myself that i won't care what people think of me and be happy being myself around people but that never works. With the family and my mom and dads friends and some others and being on my own i feel very secure and truly be myself.

I have been improving my confidence lately again like going up to the bar ordering drinks, Asking a lady in theatre for a program. other stuff after i feel really happy because that i did that.

Started doing more hobbies as well like playing pool, walking my dogs again.
And it feels good to be doing couple more hoobies and i am going to doing bike riding soon again.

In thinking terms most of time i think is mainly girls(getting a girlfriend) and college/friends and my future and my family. that all i think about.

I am 18 and have dyspraxia since i was 5 and i really need to have a ''don't care what people think of me'' attitude when going to places where there are people are around.

Can someone help me please? Sorry if its not well explained.

Visit my voting website http://www.pollsfun.com.

You on vote on Fun Polls about entertainment/music/sports and lots more.
And you can make new friends around the world and talk about anything in our chat room.

We have over 100 Fun Polls to vote.
billy15uk
Forum Master

Re: How to stop worrying about what others think of me?

Postby wadey » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:52 pm

Im exactly the same as you Billy so can't really give any advice tho I would suggest that even though you worried about what others think, that you try and still do the things you want to.
wadey
Site Admin

Postby Rodge1991 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:47 am

Honestly everyone judges about anyone: That person's tall, that person's short, oh he's fat, she's thin, etc, etc etc
If anyone will judge about you, it'll only be a split second and then you'll be forgotten as they would of moved onto someone else by then. ]

Instead just feel great for being the individual you are, you are a unique person and through an unlikely billion combination of impossible odds you are here on this floating rock. So why should you care what others think? Let those who judge, judge and you can just walk by them without a single thought.
Visit my Dyspraxia Blog:http://www.DyspraxicFantastic.com
ImageImage
NUMQUAM DEFICERE ~ Never Give Up
Rodge1991
Mega Poster

Postby Steph » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:05 pm

I am very insecure as well, regarding what I think other people are thinking about me. However, what I have found in my 27 years of life is that, most of the time, they're not really thinking about you-the insecurity is in our minds. Try to be true to yourself and the people who are worth something will like you no matter what.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Justsomeone761 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:22 pm

I think the best way to stop is to just stop. To decide for yourself, oké and now it's over, and just not worry anymore.
Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them. - Eeyore
Justsomeone761
Advanced Member

Postby Paddington » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:42 pm

I know I felt the same. When I was ill and was in the highstreet at times of the day when most people were in school but then my mum told me this and it really helped.

That woman who is frowning at you when your in a shop. She is feeling ill, she needs the loo and the next person on on the till shift is 2 hours late and so she is missing her sons birthday party. We always automatically assume the worst of what people think of us when there not realy.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas Edison ( dyspraxic entrepreneur)
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
Paddington
Mega Poster

Postby Creative » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:53 am

Lots of people worry about this even if they don't have Dyspraxia. Even if people appear to be confident often they are not inside. Everyone goes through times of worrying about what other people think of them.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Pokemoneiei » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:59 am

but judge with right judgment
ทางเข้า gclub
Pokemoneiei
Advanced Member

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat