My TA is really, really peeing me off.

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

My TA is really, really peeing me off.

Postby k9ruby » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:49 pm

No, at the moment, i could not care whether at this time if she ever went on this board and read this because its minnimal compared what she has begun to treat me like.

A few days ago, I asked if I could do something else instead of pe (which I get quite badly bullied in, hate to death and would rather do extra maths lessons than do, the schools just HAD to be a sports college didn't it? so apprently if your bad/hate pe then basically your not human (apart from my gang) and becaiuse of this i get picked on, i also hate ANY ball game as it always manages to have at least one person aiming for my glasses I HATE PE! )so i could transfer my support to maths. (apparently I am oversubvscribed on my hours).

She had a go at me, acted as though i was being really, unreasonable and started making feeble excuses, now surely if i give up 2 hours of pe, that could be used in a more productive way, such as supporting me in maths, which i am trying to get a gcse for.

she has ago at me for this, and the fact that i use my laptop for every lesson except maths. What she does not seem to realise, anything more 2 or 3 sentences makes my hand ache really badyly, and then it also likes to trannsfer itself up my arm and my body :(

she is talking about removing it for soem lessons, but that would cause me to fall behind, and not be allowed to use it in exams. Plus, at the end of the lesson, my hands would ache like hell.

she said a it also said that it would improve my fine motor skills, but my mums friend whos a OT said this was a load of rubbish, she said i can write but painfully, achey and extremly slowey so i might as well use it for every lesson,!!!!

(we'bve had problems with the lS depament quite a few times before)
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Joss1991 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:33 pm

thats cruel and computer skills can come in handy just as much as handwriting.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((virtual hugs )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Joss1991
Splendiferous Member

thx

Postby k9ruby » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:29 pm

Thanks, Joss! :wink:
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby parnassus » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:23 pm

I was permitted to do extra maths instead of PE during my GCSE years, but I had nowhere near the amount of support you get, Ruby - four hours a week to your twelve! I can understand why the TA might be reluctant to give you still more support, as she probably has other students to cater for as well.

However, that is no excuse for the bullying in PE. If your TA refuses to intervene, go straight to the sports coach. Other things you have said on the forum before made the sports coach sound reasonably understanding. It's worth a shot.

* Virutal hugs *
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

thanks vicky

Postby k9ruby » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:10 pm

Thanks vicky, I can always rely on you!
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby david456 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:01 pm

PE is a legal requirment at school. Basically unless you are physically unable to partake you have to do it.

Is your teaching assistant aware of your Dyspraxia? I'm sure she is supposed to be, but is she? She doesn't appear to understand the condition based on what you have told me.

If you need your computer you need your computer.
david456
Mega Poster

Postby parnassus » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:28 pm

PE is a legal requirment at school. Basically unless you are physically unable to partake you have to do it.

I had no idea I was breaking the law with my extra quadratic equations. Dear me, I now feel quite criminal! :wink:
parnassus
Site Admin

unless

Postby k9ruby » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:20 am

I think its ok, but you need your parents to help sort it.

*Vicky, if it was i am sure my dad wouldnt trace you and lock you up, youre quite safe! :D
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:45 am

You can't skip PE. It's a legal requirement. However, something must be done about the bullying. Tell your PE teacher.

I don't think she should take your laptop away. However, if you do a little handwriting practice every day, it might improve your fine motor skills.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

PE

Postby k9ruby » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:53 pm

Yes I can, They have made it offical. instead of doing pe, now i wlork on my YAA. You can only skip, if you get parents permission to, and have a really good reason not to. For me, It is tyhat YAA is a more productive and constructive way to use my time, and that i have really bad co ordination problems, and bullying issues that still havn''t been resolved.
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby kitty_cute » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:42 pm

I may be having extra maths instead of CCF which is good. I think this is sick what they are doing at your school you obvoiously need the IT ><
Japan ! ^_^ <super kawaii>

No PM'S please unless it's urgent =]
kitty_cute
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby pinkparrot » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:01 pm

As far as PE goes, I have decided to be sensible and do it because I really need the exercise. I need to lose some weight.
pinkparrot
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby parnassus » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:37 am

PE isn't the only way to do that, pinkparrot. I used to take very long walks outside school hours (I'm a phenomenal walker - I can go for ten miles at a stretch without feeling the least bit tired) and when I returned home to Saudi Arabia I practically lived in the water. Walking and swimming suit me because they are so solitary - I always used to feel dreadful if I let my team-mates down in a PE lesson, as I invariably did. At one school (the school before Colditz) we had an odd number of people in the class, and so at the start of every lesson Miss Tess would say, "Class, please vote for who you want to sit out this lesson."

It was always me. Always. And the 'vote' wasn't a quiet showing of hands either. Once, near tears, I asked Miss Tess, "Why is it always me who has to sit out? Can't I ever have a chance?" I actually wanted to participate in this particular lesson because they were going to do tug-of-war, and I'm good at that. Miss Tess replied stolidly, "It is the democratic decision of your teammates."

Following my removal to Colditz, I participated in PE for nearly two years. The coach was supposed to be aware of my special needs so she could give me support. By the end of the two years she still didn't know my name. I was having such great difficulties with maths at that time that my two hours' remedial lessons weren't sufficient, so my SENCo very kindly agreed to tutor me in that time. It was definitely a good investment, even though I hated maths as much as I did PE.
parnassus
Site Admin

bh

Postby k9ruby » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:06 pm

PE isn't the only way to do that, pinkparrot. I used to take very long walks outside school hours (I'm a phenomenal walker - I can go for ten miles at a stretch without feeling the least bit tire

Bloody hell! (sorry, langauge!)

I find that trampilining, and going dog walking works for me.
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby dragoneatscheese » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:16 am

i asked for extra maths lessons but it was denied which is a pain but form teacher got me out for a wk.
I have ta in nearly every lesson (sci,maths ,english,it,muisc,) and they know less than me in most lessons i have about 15 hours
dragoneatscheese
Mega Poster

Return to Study Support