Careers

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Postby madame_tigre » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:34 pm

They both sound interesting. I have my interests but don't know exactly what I want to do. I need more work experience. I can test around once I've finished my apprenticeship and get my qualifications.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby david456 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:49 pm

Angel Kisses good luck, I heard that there is real competition to become a female primary school teacher, as so many people want to do it. They are trying to recruit more men as there are very few teaching in primary schools, but you sound like you are well on the way to becoming a teacher and the course people sound really positive, so well done and best of luck.
I've always wanted to teach, for the same reason really, I may do it one day, but I'm focusing on something else at the moment.
david456
Mega Poster

careers

Postby Andy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:00 pm

I want to work with children maybe in a nursery or something like that I dont know if I will get good enough grades at standard or Highers. Since I am hopless at English I dont suppose I will make the grade to be a primary teacher. :?
Andy
Splendiferous Member

Postby parnassus » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:11 pm

Since I am hopless at English I dont suppose I will make the grade to be a primary teacher.

I was always very good at English, Andy - I'm now studying the subject at university. If you give me a more specific idea of what your problems are, I will do my best to help you with them.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Goldenhamster » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:02 pm

I would like to be a speech therapist because it would mean I could work with children, especially on the autistic spectrum. I could also help people who have had a stroke to regain their ability to speak and carry on with their lives.

I have aptitude and interest in language and phonetics, but I would also like to study English or perhaps History.
You don't have to be dyspraxic to be exeptional

But it helps!
Goldenhamster
Mega Poster

Postby Joss1991 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:04 pm

i would like to help people so mayby a teacher or counciler
Joss1991
Splendiferous Member

Postby parnassus » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:50 pm

You are very similar to me in your aspirations, Goldenhamster. I'm currently studying English at Cambridge University and I'm considering taking a few papers in linguistics, to prepare me for a speech and language therapy conversion course. If you ever find yourself in Cambridge, I'd be happy to show you round our Faculty and linguistics lab.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby pinkparrot » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:29 am

I'm confused about what I'm doing.

The subjects I'm into at the moment are Business Studies, English, French, German and Italian (even though I don't do them any more), Science and R.E. I'm also interested in things I can't do at the moment, such as Law and Psychology. I definitely want to help people in some way, and possibly work with children.

What kind of career does that mean?
pinkparrot
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby parnassus » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:13 pm

Possibly educational or clinical psychology, or perhaps social work. If you take a couple of foreign languages to A-Level and pass highly enough, you could study them at university and become a translator or interpreter.
parnassus
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Study Support