Help!!!!!

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Help!!!!!

Postby Alice » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:12 pm

:cry: My courswork is getting on top of me! I've got two essays a story to do and the teachers will soon be handing out more. I sort of accidentally told my teacher I'd done one of the essays and I haven't. My parents are pressuring me to do well and parents evening is coming up.
I'm confused and I dont do well under pressure. :?

Help !!
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:55 pm

First of all, calm down. Make yourself a nice hot drink. Worrying will just make things worse.

Now sit down at your computer and make a large, colourful timetable. Work out how many hours you are going to spend eating, sleeping, and relaxing (relaxation is important!) and then fill the empty slots with your different assignments. Do them in order of priority.

Make a separate timetable for each assignment, showing what needs to be done and when you are going to do it. For example:

Today

Four o'clock until six o'clock: write a rough draft of my story
Eight o'clock until nine o'clock: draw up a plan for each of my essays
[Bed]

Next day

Nine o'clock until ten o'clock: edit my story
Eleven o'clock until twelve o'clock: work on one essay
Two o'clock until three o'clock: type up my story in best
Four o'clock until six o'clock: complete first essay.

And so on. I hope this helps. If you get too panicky, ask your special needs teacher to have a quiet word with the other staff. Get her to spend more time on your time management skills when you next have a support session. * Virtual hugs * I know you can cope.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Alice » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:25 pm

:) Thanks for the advice, I feel a bit less out of controll now. I just wish I hadn't said I've done the essay. :( That essay is four weeks overdue
parnassus wrote:
Nine o'clock until ten o'clock: edit my story
Eleven o'clock until twelve o'clock: work on one essay
Two o'clock until three o'clock: type up my story in best
Four o'clock until six o'clock: complete first essay.

Unfortunatley I'm at school from about 9 till 3/4 (I forget which). But I get your point. I'll aim to have essay No 1 in by Thursday.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to Study Support