'Best' subject

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

In your opinion, which of the following subjects is the most appropriate to the dyspraxic mind?

Maths
14%
English literature/English language
29%
Modern foreign languages (i.e. French)
6%
Classical languages (i.e. Latin)
No votes
Humanities (i.e. history, geography, Religious Education)
14%
The sciences
6%
Art
9%
Information Technology (includes Graphic Design)
11%
Design Technology (woodwork, metalwork, etc.)
3%
Other (please specify)
9%

Total votes : 35

Postby sakura_celia » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:07 pm

For me, fact based subjects were the easiest. I am blessed in that I usually remember facts that I hear or read, so history, literature, and science were easy. Math was a major struggle (my incredibly patient teacher let me have as many extra hours -- yes, hours -- as I needed to take the test.) I was thrilled when P.E was done, and relieved when there was no more art! I remember facts, but not concepts. I can tell you names of people I barely know, but I can't remember "how" to do things that I don't repeat often, or where my family keeps many items.

I have gotten the impression that many people with dyspraxia are good at English, and struggle in math, but there are obviously exceptions to the rule!
sakura_celia
Forum Master

IT

Postby k9ruby » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:46 pm

IT and art.

In year 7, My teacher said it was Y11 quality and she would of been happy for a y11 if she did my quality of work. I also learnt to draw before i could walk.

I love IT. I learnt (taught myself) html at 9 (1 year affter us getting a computer). I nearly took my IT GSCE early (y7 i think), but when we started tol try and find out about it it got incredibly complicated.

I am now predicted a A in IT. I also know html, dhtml, javascript (some!), Css, a tiny bit of liberty basic which i have proberly forgotten. I also know more about IT than my dads IT advisor at work.

I also love GFX design.
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Joss1991 » Mon May 22, 2006 7:28 pm

like/good

1. ICT
2. Drama
3. History
4. RE
5. food tech
6. science
7. maths (numbers)

hate/bad

1. English (ling and lat)
2. DT
3. PE
4. ART
5. Maths (shapes)
6. Geography.
Joss1991
Splendiferous Member

Postby kitty_cute » Mon May 22, 2006 7:38 pm

BBC Acorns! We used to have those! They had cool games like Floppy the Frog, and Crystal 2... Anyway lol.
Japan ! ^_^ <super kawaii>

No PM'S please unless it's urgent =]
kitty_cute
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby emma » Tue May 23, 2006 12:57 am

at school geography was my favourite subject and also a subject which i really exceled at i am now doing it as a degree yes its very hard but it a degree. I enjoy the subject because it is so broad and can sometimes be very practical. however i do find the drawing aspect very difficult, but my teachers are now aware of this and are willing to help.
I am up late trying to revise for my exam tomorrow afternoon I am quite sceared because i don't think i know enough.

emma.
emma
Super Poster

Postby meme » Wed May 24, 2006 1:48 pm

I've always really enjoyed and been really good at English Language, the last few years I've had to do English Lit tho and although it is hard I enjoy the challenge. I also really enjoyed Spanish-it just came to me naturally, I didnt really have to try. I love Drama due to the whole being a different person and confidence thing
I was good at history when I put my mind to it and took my time, but it really didnt interest me. My worst subjects were probably home economics/cookery and Tech & Design-it was the whole practical thing I couldnt do.
meme
Advanced Member

Postby Hermionefan5 » Wed May 24, 2006 4:46 pm

Um, I tried to vote but I couldn't so I'll just say that my best subject is English/writing. :D
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Previous

Return to Study Support