Drama Class Is Getting Worse......

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Drama Class Is Getting Worse......

Postby GirlInTheGraniteCity » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:47 pm

A while ago I asked for help here because I felt I wasn't fitting in and I couldn't find groups to go into in drama. I would like to thank you all for the support and kind words but unfortunately things have been getting worse, my classmates are almost turning against me.

I'll share some examples:

Once a boy asked the teacher if we were still doing a certain peice of work. I overheard him and said yes we are, he said to one of his friends "Spaz!" then whispered more stuff about me. Sad thing is, everyone heard him except the teacher.

When we had to pair up I couldn't find a partner, the teacher said go into groups of two or three. One girl had left the class when she said that because she was feeling a bit unwell so she went to the toilet. I asked a couple of girls if I could join them. They said "Can you not join Rhona when she comes back?, we want to work in a two". That felt very unwelcoming. By the way, I had told these girls about my dyspraxia a few months before.

Now I have little confidence in drama, and hardly want to participate.

There are quite a few other things, but it would make me depressed typing it out.

My friend Ross in 5th year who also takes drama (he has ADHD and dyslexia) said I should talk to my teachers (I have two drama teachers) but I really don't want to because it would put me right out of my comfort zone. What do I do?

{{{[[[~~~~~~~~~~<<<<<<<OOOO♥OOOO>>>>>>>~~~~~~~~~~]]]}}}

Heyy I'm Caroline, add me on MSN if you like =D Peace out xxxxxx

GirlInTheGraniteCity
Forum Master

Postby sumer » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:52 pm

i no this is out of this subject but where do u live ?????????????
back to the subect ........... do u have a resorse teacher in your school if u do and u feel comfourtable with her/him u could tell that person because u really need to tell some one u should not have to deel with dis alone because its not fair to teasen by this it is not very fair at all because some of those people no about ur disability and that is not fair u need to tell some one about it really u sould ok
sumer
Forum Master

Postby GirlInTheGraniteCity » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:53 pm

I live in Aberdeen which is in Scotland.

And yes I have a teacher I could talk to, actually I have two.

I have my guidance teacher Ms D and one of my drama teachers, Mrs L who is actually a part time counseller and as silly as it sounds, I don't want to talk to them about it, I don't know why but I feel incredibly uncomfortable about speaking about it.

Heyy I'm Caroline, add me on MSN if you like =D Peace out xxxxxx

GirlInTheGraniteCity
Forum Master

Postby pinkparrot » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:41 pm

Maybe you could try speaking to yourself about it in a mirror before you tell anyone else?
pinkparrot
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby parnassus » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:15 pm

Writing a letter, with your parents' assistance, might also be useful.

As I told you in the other thread, I experienced similar treatment at the hands of my drama classmates - and yet I was one of very few students who got an A* at GCSE.

I credit my LAMDA training for part of that success. LAMDA stands for the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art and it has freelance teachers dotted all over the world. Go to www.lamda.org.uk and see if you can find a teacher in your area. The lessons you do with LAMDA are very different to your average drama class. You are taught the basics first (how to speak clearly and use your voice to reflect your moods, an art which is known as elocution) and then you move on to performances - usually monologues and duologues. The skills you learn in this kind of class will make you much more confident in your ordinary drama lesson.

If someone calls you a spaz, report it. I know you may feel shy about approaching your teachers, but you must do it - not just for your sake, but for the sake of all dyspraxic students in the school.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby carrie » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:31 pm

I know its petrifying but talk about it its the only way things can geyt better and btw you have a cool real name as thats my name too!!!!
smile it could be worse

carrie

MY blog all about me and muy interests a bit like an online diary

http://runrigangelic.blogspot.com
carrie
Forum Master

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:38 pm

I agree that you should tell a teacher, or get your parents to tak to your teachers if this makes you uncomfortable. (hugs)
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Return to Study Support