Prompters

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Prompter- yes or no.

Yes I had one
67%
I was offered one but did not take it
33%
I was offered one but did not take it, but wish i did.
No votes

Total votes : 3

Prompters

Postby k9ruby » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:16 pm

Prompters- do they work? I have been offered one (just for somone who doesn't know this is someone who taps on the desk when they feel you feel distracted in a exam.

I have been offered one, but i doubt it would make any difference as my difficulties are mainly with processing and writing- not getting distracted- although i sometimes do, i do not feel that is the main problem.

Anyone with any experience of this? I doubt i will take it because I'm convinced I will find it too irritating. :wink:
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby parnassus » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:51 pm

I was never offered one, mainly because when I do get distracted I don't even notice the fire alarm, let alone somebody rapping on my desk. I think it depends on the person.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

lol

Postby k9ruby » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:57 pm

Thanks Vicky, I can be somewhat the same, but if I work ok without getting distracted I will just find it really irritating and then i would get distracted...I have visions of me sticking a sign on my desk with a message if it were to go ahead!!!! :)
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Dork_Lord » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:49 am

I have not heard of them before, but I have a scribe to write for me in exams, which does help me concentrate as they notice if you seem to be not paying any attention.
Dork_Lord
Splendiferous Member

Postby Hermionefan5 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:33 pm

What is a prompter?
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

promter

Postby k9ruby » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:06 pm

A prompter is someone who will be with you in the exam room and will tap on your desk if they think you are distracted.
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Hermionefan5 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:36 pm

Oh, okay. I don't think I need one of those.
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Bladen » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:17 pm

I had one and I was pissed off to all ends about it, whenever I stopped moving and stared at the paper to think BANG BANG BANG on the desk. Exactly how the hell could I think with something like that? If I look distracted I'm always thinking and looking around helps, I get extra time too.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:26 pm

I'd find a prompter distracting too. How could they tell when I'm daydreaming and when I;'m thinking how to answer a question?
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Charmbracelets » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:31 am

I had one for GCSEs but not for A Level-I did actually find it helpful but, like others have said, it depends on the individual in question-I have symptoms that are bordering an ADD diagnosis-in fact, this was actually on my record at school-so it really helped me.
Charmbracelets

Return to Study Support