Please help

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Please help

Postby Andy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:05 pm

My standard grade exams are in April and I am really struggling with my organisational skills I DONT HAVE ANY I struggle just trying to organise myself just to sit down at my desk to attempt to study everything is everywhere so is my mind I just cant focus on anything for more than ten minutes :oops:
Andy
Splendiferous Member

Postby Joss1991 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:19 pm

i seem to remeber caged in Chaos having a good section on organising mayby you could go for that section for help.
the darker it is the more stars you can see
Joss1991
Splendiferous Member

Postby Andy » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:29 pm

I cant find the section I think I need someone to sit with me and keep me on track I just cant concentrate I think exam nerves are taking over. My brain feels as if it is full of wee motor cars and they are all crashing. :cry:
Andy
Splendiferous Member

Postby parnassus » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:44 am

Hello Andy,

There are a few sections on organisation. Try the following:

The whole of the chapter called Making the Grade
The subject-specific help in A Survival Guide to School
The section on organising your personal space in The Hidden People at Home. It is much easier to study in a clear environment.
The section on time management in Parked Diagonally in a Parallel Universe. That chapter is really for dyspraxic people in their early twenties or very late teens, but I put a tip in there about creating a cardboard 'clock' that you might find useful.

You do need someone to sit with you and take you through these ideas. I never try and tidy up or organise my week alone - it just doesn't work. I always end up double-booking myself for something or getting frustrated about the mess with no result. Could your mum help?
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Return to Study Support