Does anyone have tips or ideas?

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Does anyone have tips or ideas?

Postby nicole » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:31 pm

I hate to admit it but I have a very bad problem with swearing during matches or when I do stuff wrong. I dont swear at others or anything its just when I miss the football, especially when I miss shots at goal, I cant help swearing, I dont even have time to think about it it just happens, I'm worried that this will get me into trouble in P.E, or anywhere eles in fact :(

I've already swore twice really loudly in P.E. I dont think she'll let me off getting a detension if it happens again :(
nicole
Forum Master

Postby Hermionefan5 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:05 pm

I have trouble too. Maybe a good idea would be to reward yourself when you don't swear. Maybe just think of that reward instead of swearing and say something else. I think that's what I'm going to try to do. 8)
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby pinkparrot » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:09 pm

I have occasional trouble with this when I'm particularly frustrated. "What the hell is this, Sir?" is not the best way to ask for help. :wink:
Ancilla sum xx
pinkparrot
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby nicole » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:41 pm

Hmmm I'll give that a go, I havent got a clue what I'll reward myself with because I usually do what I want anyway :) Its going to be a real struggle tommorow, in my school you have to do some sport and I have to do football and sometime soon I've got a soccer tornemt because someone thoght I was good at soccer and sighned me up :(
nicole
Forum Master

Postby Hermionefan5 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:53 pm

Good luck with soccer. :) Are you from the US? It seems like only you and I call it soccer, that's why I was wondering.
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby nicole » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:06 pm

No I'm Irish, but here's where it gets confusing ya see over here most of the English call it football, but there's also Gaelic football which is sort of different :?
Gaelic football is different because you can take three steeps with the football in your hand then you have to ether (a) bounce it off the ground, you can only do that twice or (b) kick it off your foot and hope it goes back in your hand, you can do that three times, and you can score points as well as goals.
So at the momment I'm not sure which game I'm playing, I just hope I'm not to bad. Sorry about the long explanation, I'm not great at explaning am I? :)
nicole
Forum Master

Postby Hermionefan5 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:10 am

nicole wrote:No I'm Irish, but here's where it gets confusing ya see over here most of the English call it football, but there's also Gaelic football which is sort of different :?
Gaelic football is different because you can take three steeps with the football in your hand then you have to ether (a) bounce it off the ground, you can only do that twice or (b) kick it off your foot and hope it goes back in your hand, you can do that three times, and you can score points as well as goals.
So at the momment I'm not sure which game I'm playing, I just hope I'm not to bad. Sorry about the long explanation, I'm not great at explaning am I? :)

No, actually you explained it pretty well. :D I have heard of Gaelic football before. Maybe it's because I'm partially Irish. :D
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby nicole » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:12 pm

I managed to dodge football or Gaelic football, still not sure because it wasnt on today, they were having a meeting about an up coming match, I was partally glad, I did'nt have to have that nervous feeling in my stomach :)
Just reliased this is my 40th post! I really cant belive it.
nicole
Forum Master

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips