Parent Teacher Meeting

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

teaching meeting

Postby heathy555 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:23 pm

i alway dread it when my mum and dad go and see my teachers
heather Lyons
heathy555
Mega Poster

Postby Charmbracelets » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:36 pm

I was actually really lucky in this respect-the majority of my teachers were incredibly supportive and understanding and always praised my efforts even in the subjects I struggled with. That does sound horrible. Also, this might be a bit embarrassing but what does "grasping at straws" mean?
Charmbracelets

Postby Charmbracelets » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:43 pm

irish_emz wrote:Grasping at straws: When she can't find any other reason to explain it. She was just throwing out random reasons. It's when you have no options left

Oh right thanks-those sorts of expressions always baffle me!
Charmbracelets

Postby Andy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:43 pm

I have been very lucky up until now as most teachers give me good reports mind you my Physics teacher said "I have a lot of sympathy for Andrew" WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THAT :?: :?: I dont want sympathy I need taught :!: :evil:
Andy
Splendiferous Member

Postby Dork_Lord » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:12 am

Aaaargh I really hate these things. Every single teacher say sthe same thing about me, he's good at the subject but can't write or organise his work. It drives me mad. It's worse because in my school they don't appear to have had many dyspraxic pupils taking my subjects (biology, maths, chemistry and physics) and have never seen anyone with quite the same difficulties as me.
Dork_Lord
Splendiferous Member

Postby Andy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:13 pm

irish_emz wrote:Andy - I feel your pain.

But this teacher can't teach our English class at ALL! The Theatre Studies class that she takes, well of 14 that sat the exam, 12 got FULL MARKS.

Ugh. Eejit of a woman.

We have a few teachers in our school who just shouldnt be there they cant teach either,All the good teachers have left I just hope that our new school will be better :cry: :cry:
Andy
Splendiferous Member

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:59 pm

Emz - don't try to let this silly woman bother you. (hugs) Don't hate her. Try to be indifferent to what she thinks.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Return to Study Support