I need your help please

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Do you agree that people are too busy nowdays?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 16

I need your help please

Postby nicole » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:52 pm

I need some help for a public speaking project I just got today, and its due for tomorrow, its about people being to busy to even say hello anymore so I was wondering if you might participate in this poll :)
nicole
Forum Master

Postby parnassus » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:00 pm

I chose 'yes'. A lot of people throw themselves into work or other commitments in the frenzied hope that if they make more money, get better test results, or win some prizes they will be happier. We fill our worlds with sound and bustle and activity so that we won't have to feel lonely or spend too much time in hollow silence. But that silence is needed.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Charmbracelets » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:01 pm

I chose Yes too-I have a lot of experience with this sadly. My father works in the City of London for an international insurance firm and the majority of workers in his company are some of the wealthiest people in the country but their addiction to work and wealth has cost them dearly in other areas of their life-the divorce rate just in my dad's company is worryingly high and a lot of them are not happy in themselves and money is no replacement for the misery that causes.
Charmbracelets

Postby nicole » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:01 pm

Hey, thanks for your replies, I have managed to get am extencion for this assighnemnt :)
nicole
Forum Master

Postby C » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:33 pm

parnassus wrote:I chose 'yes'. A lot of people throw themselves into work or other commitments in the frenzied hope that if they make more money, get better test results, or win some prizes they will be happier. We fill our worlds with sound and bustle and activity so that we won't have to feel lonely or spend too much time in hollow silence. But that silence is needed.

Well said Vicky. I completely agree. I always think it's ironic that people try to be as busy as they can - work long hours, cram things into their life but then they don't actually have the time to reap their rewards and have relaxation because they're so busy doing it all!
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to Study Support