Yet some twit from the daily mail- makes me so angry!

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Postby druchi » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:42 pm

wiki is my answer

well dyslexia is more thna just a reading problem its a differnt way of thinking *like people with Autisim and Dyspraxics* a dyslexic could be considerd an under achiever despite having a high I.Q

these are just off the top of my head but id check wiki out for any proper answers
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby parnassus » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:46 am

Rather than admit their policies are wrong, the liberals pretend millions of perfectly healthy, intelligent young people are in some way disabled.

Dyslexia was recognised as a legitimate condition and given the name it bears today over a hundred years ago. Victorian England was hardly renowned for its liberal educational policies.

The journalist has made his or her ignorance quite plain. Getting different coloured exam papers has nothing to do with dyslexia. That is connected with Irlen Syndrome, which may coexist with dyslexia but is in reality another condition. Secondly, phonics based reading programmes are of no use whatsoever to somebody who has auditory processing difficulties, as is the case with many dyslexic people. As a substantial proportion of dyslexic people are visual thinkers, they need to be taught to read through a visual system.

Infuriating as this rubbish is, Esther is right - it is just an opinion piece. The journalist provides no evidence to back up these claims - presumably because it is hard to argue with the profusion of MRI scans that show that the brains of dyslexic people function in dramatically different ways when they are presented with verbal information.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby druchi » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:05 am

apperntly more people know about dyslexia than autisim...where i live
Last edited by druchi on Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby parnassus » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:41 am

Where did you get that information from, druchi? I think it is extremely unlikely, given the aftermath of books like Curious Incident.

Awareness of both conditions is pretty high. It's understanding that's low.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Syrons » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:53 pm

I wont lie im confused in what dyslexic is.

I used to think it was a serve visual problem in which they saw things like twice in which it made it harder for them too spell or write.

But reading what it is, it doesnt seem that.

Being in the bottom because im not "above intelligence" im classed as a dropout and dumb and the rest of the group have spelling problems do they have dyslexia?

or isit a thing which you have to have wider intilegence to have?

Why does it say in every learning problem i read it says most are "above intilgence".

I think this is too make someone happy or somewhere. at the end of the day i will never be britians brainers even if i worked my hardest every single day. i think people are blessed with that talent. all i can do is work my very best.

So isit to do with pushy parents like the person wrote. who overated there child. luckily i never had a mum like that but i seen some who really push there child but at the end of the day soon as they finish school they go like a dropout. probably because they sick of work. We all have different speeds in which we get more intilgence.
there are much much much brainer people than me but at the moment im getting future than them which no one would of said when i leaved school.

Oviousley there is some who do have it serve which it does cause a problem in there life.

But i think the author is right in someways there is some who are labelled somthing just because they cant find a way in which to learn the student eg normally because the teacher doesnt know how to learn a different way with them or havent got the skills to do that.

I read some interview from london about a kid who got diognoised and had dyspraxia and payed thousands and then the pyscogist said it was to due with bad teacher and he doesnt have dyspraxia just that the teacher was never trained to do her job because most teachers look through a book. and at the end of the day the kid just had a bad teacher. but the man kid did say there is general sufferers but his kid wasnt it was to due with bad teaching.

So there are cases which happen in most learning diffuclitys.

And reading what dyslexa is i probably have that too if thats anything to go by.

But at the end of day it doesnt affect my life not like dyspraxia does. and it probably the same for some dyslexics who simply cant spell or read and do certain things.

I cant judge because no knows how people feel or how there difficulty affects them day to day and inside.

Ian
Syrons
Mega Poster

Postby druchi » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:11 pm

well i know a very dyslexic person he quite litrelly sees the letters ona book 'move'

Prss sorry it seems my keyboard is acting up *just got a new one:)*
i meant to put in my local area but hey ho ill edit it just now :oops:
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:47 pm

Over the years the Daily Drivel (sorry mail) have printed a lot of neuro diverse articles and I am yet to hear of a single positive one! A good few years ago (I had just been dx with ADHD so it was 1997) they printed a article that left me livid, so I wrote a complaint about the article. to my utter shock they published my complaint :p
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby druchi » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm

seriously? no way! well... how did it make you look in the headliens?
druchi
Splendiferous Member

linky?

Postby k9ruby » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:39 pm

Linky??? :D :D :D
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby eastlondonluke » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:13 pm

local papers are more intersting cause ya find out all whats goin down in ya hood 8) 8)
eastlondonluke
Splendiferous Member

Postby Henri » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:45 am

Last edited by Henri on Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henri
Forum Master

Postby cookie-monster » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:40 am

i'm not dyslexic but because of my dyspraxia i was offered a scribe for my exams but i turned it down because i wanted to do it by myself

this could have ruined my results for me but i passed everything
cookie-monster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Study Support