worried about results

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

do you worry about results

yes
85%
no
5%
indiffferent
10%

Total votes : 20

worried about results

Postby dragoneatscheese » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:02 pm

Is it worth being worried or are you a cool cat .Also how do you get over disappointment or don't you worried .
:o :o
dragoneatscheese
Mega Poster

Postby Chinagirl » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:48 pm

i worry constantly after exams as to what my results are

p.s. i like youre username, dragoneatscheese!
pie

Make your dreams happen and never give up
Chinagirl
Splendiferous Member

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:38 pm

I'm worried about my results a lil, get them in the next week or so..
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby madame_tigre » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:49 pm

I'm not doing any academic study anymore but I used to worry enormously about my results when I was at school.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:05 pm

I worry about exam results every single time I take exams, even at uni, where the style of taking exams is a lot more relaxed and gentle. With GCSEs and A Levels, I felt really sick and cried a lot in the run up to the results-I am a very anxious person anyway though!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby parnassus » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:26 pm

I worry about my results far too much. I can never quite get the years before my diagnosis out of my head, when exams were horrible and used to make me feel physically nauseous. Even though I now work with my brain alone, and don't have to struggle against other obstacles (cripplingly slow writing speed, etc.) the memory of failing has never left me.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Joss1991 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:31 pm

So far I convince myself i will do badly so I dont disapoint myself (I dont reconmend it). However I also tell myself that stressing out doesnt help matters. But i probably wont be saying that this time next year when i will be waiting on GCSE results.
the darker it is the more stars you can see
Joss1991
Splendiferous Member

Postby eastlondonluke » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:14 pm

I dont care about my gcses at all,i hated all of my school life and plus i bunked most of this year any how but im looking forward to college and when i start takeng exams there i will care about them then
eastlondonluke
Splendiferous Member

Postby Dan » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:48 pm

eastlondonluke wrote:I dont care about my gcses at all,i hated all of my school life and plus i bunked most of this year any how but im looking forward to college and when i start takeng exams there i will care about them then

1)Why did you bunk most of your year?

2)Why don't you care about results?

3)Why aren't you going to do the same things at college?

Just out of curiosity.
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby eastlondonluke » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:53 pm

Ohhhhhh well my story is long but i will tell it too you any way

I have been too 2 high schools one in east london one in essex my first one was in london east end the land of where such stars come from the likes of beckam,jonathan ross.paul ross,damon allbarn,john drnkwater,all round my old hood.but any way i hated school so much it was a real strugle and i did't get the righit support i needed and lived in a verey violent area and things where scary{the ghetoo}Most kids at school hated me and wanted to make my life a liveing hell,so then came the day i moved house and moved to essex which is quite nice.

I started a new school and just when thing where going well for me my new best mate left the school from a lac of support and i was without a good frend for a long time and then i started leveing the school at lunch time a i was hanging round whith some somkers and kids like that did't realy get to no dem proply.

I had a realy problem whith frendships im alot diffrent in real life in outhers word im not the same on heir as im in real life i tried to make frends and take an interst in what they did outside of school but they warnt intersted about geting to no me at all and that allso effected my school work cause i wasent doing verey well any way.

The lack of support was bad and oftern there would be no suport teacher to came and help me out whith the work in class and i found just genaral school difficult like whereing my uniform propley i used to turn up in my on cloths like a hood and new era cap and trainers and i new i would get in trouble for donig that any how lol i just felt like it lol.

The fact is i couldent catch up in any of my couses works due to lack of support and all the lessons i had to atend i basicly hated and found realy difficault there just no choice in school and at college you get to learn something realy good and something you want to do.

School is so forced and i just got fed up whith the lack of support and i would have alot of arguments with teachers and would turn up to lessons realy late cause they did't care whether i was in the class or not in the first place.

I did my best and they let me down so thats why i started bunking off,i think college will be realy good though.
eastlondonluke
Splendiferous Member

Postby steve » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:03 pm

being a plumber is just a different choice. if you don't like the more academic subjects then getting a blue collar job is a good idea. it pays pretty good nowadays too
steve
Super Poster

Postby steve » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:10 pm

i'm scared s***less about exam results. i know i'll at least get 5 Cs but i would prefer to get as and bs. there's no point being average i need to be exceptional!
steve
Super Poster

Postby invisifish » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:32 am

I worry about my exam results so much that I can´t study for them. I never study but I never accept a result under A* either. I can never get anything right. When I hurd that I had to 94% for my end of year science exam I burst into tears. I was happy with that.
invisifish
Splendiferous Member

Postby Dork_Lord » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:15 pm

I am terrified about my AS-Level results I'm getting this week.

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/AAAAAAAA%21 to that level of wory.
Dork_Lord
Splendiferous Member

Postby dragoneatscheese » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:59 pm

i got 2 c one b and one e
i'm in my own world but it's ok they know me here
dragoneatscheese
Mega Poster

Return to Study Support