Help!

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Help!

Postby Alice » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:31 pm

My maths teacher is setting me two too 3 hours homework a week and it's taking me even longer. It's not that I don't understand it it's just that I can't write it out as fast as other pepole. It doesn't help that all the questions contain so many didgits I have to do more writing because I can't hold them in my head. I'm doing nothing but homework, and I'm worried I'll get behind on homework that actually helps me understand other subjects. It's a new school and I'm taking 4 hard subjects so I'm worried that if I get the senco involved too much I'll get labled as thick and get patronised. It's honestly not a conceptual problem. What do I do?
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:44 pm

Alice talk to the Senco, don't let this teacher bully you in this way. You deserve to be taught in a positive way not like this .
x
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Alice » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:43 am

I don't think she's doing it on perpose. But I'm worried about talking too her.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:37 pm

If you don't talk to the SENCo and end up falling behind with your work, which is looking inevitable at the moment, your performance will go down and you will stand an equal risk of being labelled 'thick'. You have articulated the problem very clearly, so I doubt that your maths teacher would think badly of your intelligence if you were to get the SENCo to explain your needs to her. It is right to ask. You may also be helping other students with dyspraxia who come after you, as the maths teacher will have a better understanding of how to set appropriate homework for them.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Alice » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:33 pm

I've got it sorted out by the school senco. It was easier than I thought it would be. sorry I got in such a panic.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Andy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:16 pm

I am starting t struggle with my geography Higher not the course work I am really enjoying that but I cant draw and you need to draw lots of diagrams
Andy
Splendiferous Member

Return to Study Support