Rage

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Rage

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:13 pm

Rage isn't an exclusively dyspraxic problem by any means, but we have a lot of extra frustrations to deal with. At the moment I'm finding it hard not to lose control. This is partly due to getting angry over my short attention span and partly due to other stuff which isn't dyspraxia related.
Sopme things I find helpful are:
1. Writing or typing the word "scream", if you're in a situation where you would get in trouble for actually screaming.
2. Playing with blu-tack
3. Coming on DT
4. Deep breaths
5. Praying
6. Talking to a friend
7. Some sort of excercise, such as running or jumping up and down.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby druchi » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:58 pm

Going to DT help alot especially when you have a bad day

and talking to friends is helpfull when annoyed
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby Cartouche » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:24 am

I have many outlets, but a lot of them are false, and simply feed back to me, or even increase my woes. The best options are generally to talk to a friend (or write in my journal), or to listen to music (usually with something like hot tea, or ice cream).
Look Again
Cartouche
Splendiferous Member

Postby Chinagirl » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:17 pm

rage is one of my worst problems. i can be so out of control. i have done some awfull things. people who have seen me like that must think i am a horrible person but seriosly im not. but i digress. i generally do all the wrong things and take anger out on other people, so dont follow my example!!
pie

Make your dreams happen and never give up
Chinagirl
Splendiferous Member

Postby Syrons » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:07 pm

I've thrown a fair few things at times and its hard not to feel like that as many times things are out of my control, I am all for just getting on with life but some reason i wasn't meant for that.

At the moment i have got the mind frame of their is worse than me and i got it pretty easy compare to people around the world and i should be happy with that, it's not really making me feel any better to be honest know.

This time of the year is pretty bad for me as i don't see no one and it's pretty depressing really and i am just glad when 12am new year happens and then its another year again lol.
Syrons
Mega Poster

Postby invisifish » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:49 pm

I'm awful at deeling with my emotions, espesialy anger. I have two ways of reacting to it: 1, I lash out and shout or say something horrible. or 2 i take it out completly on myself, which I've gathered isn't very healthy, i normaly bash my head against things or scratch myself. i Kind of loose control, of course anger isn't the only emotion that causes it, but it is one of the worst.
invisifish
Splendiferous Member

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:16 pm

*hugs* I was really struggling yesterday, but today has been good. I am so happy.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Steph » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:53 pm

I used to have really bad rages but they've calmed down a bit now-the last time I really lost it was when I was seventeen-my brother physically tried to stop me dancing so I threw our Christmas tree at him, broke a DVD case and almost broke the chair too :oops: Now I tend to use music as a catharsis for my anger or I talk to a close friend about it. I do still sometimes dig my nails in to my skin when I'm angry though but this is to stop me saying something I would later regret rather than punishing myself in any way.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby parnassus » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:22 pm

I threw our Christmas tree at him, broke a DVD case and almost broke the chair too

My small grey cat used to have a war against the Christmas tree. She used leap at it, seize it, and drag it down on top of her. For no reason that I could see.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Loony_Lovegood » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:52 pm

I always have really bad problems with anger, because I try to hold it in most of the time. It's like I only have 2 modes- "calm" and "utterly furious". I don't mind it much if I'm losing my temper with people I don't like, but if I shout at my friends I feel really guilty afterwards.
Loony_Lovegood

Postby Hermionefan5 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:04 pm

I've had problems with it. One time when I was sitting on my dad's lap (around age 9), I accidentally punched him when I raised my arm up in anger. Also, I've sometimes been so angry at my sisters that I've punched them. As you can see, I like to punch things when I'm angry, so I sometimes now punch a pillow or a stuffed animal to get my anger out. Stuffed animals are much more forgiving than human beings. :) Also, I like to write down the stuff I'm angry about either in a notebook, on my computer, or on here. I think writing, especially with pencil or pen, is therapeutic. There's something about holding that pen or pencil in your hand and actually making the words or pictures that makes it a complete release for me. I have an explosive temper because I'm very sensitive, so these things can help.
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Thanks

Postby baybee-gurl69 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:39 am

Those coping stratagies will help alot.
xx
Martha Chapman
baybee-gurl69

Postby Hermionefan5 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:42 pm

Yeah, my explosive temper got outta hand yesterday.
Last edited by Hermionefan5 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:02 pm

I have no trouble with rage, it's just panic and sadness I have the problem with.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby littlemadangel » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:30 pm

I remember feeling quite annoyed in a bad job at one time. The people were just soo horrible to me and were just users basically.

I had a lot of anger and rage over the 6 weeks I was there.

I got my anger out by scribbling on a bit of a paper, it stopped me from throwing pens at them. There was also one boy I knew who I got the bus with everyday, I told him everything that was going on and he was such a good listener and a calming influence on me.

I also wrote a lot during that time
littlemadangel
Super Poster

Next

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips