urgh...

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

urgh...

Postby k9ruby » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:34 pm

Does anyone ever feel like this?

Today i was at the hairdressers and I started to feel quite sick, and quite hot, so i went out for some fresh air, for a good time afterwoods my stomach felt quite dodgy, but wore off about 5 mins afterwards :shock: :?

Mum thinks it was the smells...

Does anyone ever get like this?
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby dragoneatscheese » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:25 pm

sometime but it is normally becaue i'm ill
but i do get spell of getting dazing for no reason maybe it just 'one of these things'
i'm in my own world but it's ok they know me here
dragoneatscheese
Mega Poster

fine now

Postby k9ruby » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:33 pm

I'm fine now. I suspect it was because of the numorous smelly hair products being used at the same timeand sort of overloaded my nose a bit :D
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby parnassus » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:12 pm

Smell is a problem in hair salons, but I get more bothered by the overhead lights. They're usually fluorescent and that makes me dizzy, especially when I can see them flickering in the mirrors as well as above me. It makes me feel as though I'm going to fall out of the chair, even if it has arms. I think the hairdresser asking me to tip and tilt my head in different directions contributes to the dizziness as well - I don't like to move in that sort of environment.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

:|

Postby k9ruby » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:11 pm

I can see the flicker of the lights, although they don't tend to bother me unless im under them for ages, (then i get a bit of a headache). I am quite lucky though, the person who does my hair is very aware about my dyspraxia and he is excelent (I used to have a friend come to our house I hated having it done so much) :)
k9ruby
Site Admin

:)

Postby k9ruby » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:14 pm

I think the hairdresser asking me to tip and tilt my head in different directions contributes to the dizziness as well - I don't like to move in that sort of environment.

Thats interesting because once i had to have my feet checked and they used this weird motor on them and I wasn't too keen on the texture- seconds later I had fainted :P
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Chinagirl » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:58 pm

if i am in a very hot crowded place, i sometimes feel sick and panicky, espesially if a lot of people are in my way and i cant see properly
pie

Make your dreams happen and never give up
Chinagirl
Splendiferous Member

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips