Exams

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Exams

Postby Lucy_Rush » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:54 am

Has anyone else got exams in january? i have. Hows the revision going / if it is.
Lucy_Rush
Forum Master

Postby Keeko » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:57 pm

I got a ton of exams in January too.

As for the revision... it's not happening. I am up to my eyes in coursework that has to be in on Friday, so I have no time to think about revising.

And besides, I normally fail January exams anyway, it's the summer ones I normally scrape passes in.

:D:D
Keeko
Keeko
Super Poster

Postby dragoneatscheese » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:59 pm

I have a science retake the revison is non exist
good luck with your exams
i'm in my own world but it's ok they know me here
dragoneatscheese
Mega Poster

Postby Lucy_Rush » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:21 pm

my first exam is tomorrow morning. is a statistics one and the revisions not going well! :s hopefully it will be more okish by tomorrow though :(

:D Lucy
Lucy_Rush
Forum Master

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:25 pm

No exams thankfully although a fair bit of a assignment due that I haven't started as yet. - oops
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Alice » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:31 pm

I have 4 AS module 1 exams between today and monday(maths isn't modular at our school).

I've just had Biology which was OK
Tomorow I have Chemestry which I'll be resonable at (I am tapping the desk as I type, I hope it's real.)
Friday is Physics, currently my favourite subject, but it may not be afterwrds.
Monday is critical thinking :roll: (We've been reasured by the teacher that the most any of the class can aspire too is a D)
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby ~Jenny~ » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:32 pm

Had my last uni exam of this term today :D (no more exams till April), i'm very glad they are over even if I do start lectures straight away tomorrow (some people where i live have nothing on this week which is slightly unfair)
~Jenny~
Forum Master

Postby Steph » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:20 pm

I don't have any exams in January-my first exams are in April/May but I have just electronically submitted my essay that I have done over Christmas. I'm starting to get panicky about getting all the marks back from the essays I handed in last term which should be happening in the enxt few weeks-I really need to do well in them as it's my final year!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Lucy_Rush » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:03 am

my first exam was rubbish. :( because i didnt revise properly. my second exam is tomorrow, and for a harder module than the first. i haven't started revisonyet though :S ! today will be a crazy day i feel! :D Lucy
Lucy_Rush
Forum Master

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:09 pm

*hugs* Why didn't you revise? Is it because of lack of organisation, lack of motivation, being confused about the exact dates of your exams, some other reason, or a combination of the above?
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby parnassus » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:14 pm

Cambridge doesn't use the modular system, so all our exams are in the summer. This term we have to write our dissertations. I got a bit panicky this morning when I found that somebody had twenty pages of notes (notes alone!!) and that another person had about three thousand words on paper. All that I have so far are the ideas in my head. However, on the train today I worked out the structure for one of my dissertations and I hope to have it drafted by the weekend.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Lucy_Rush » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:00 pm

for the first one i did revise, but not all the topics because of a combination of being ill over christmas and just my own laziness at not starting earlyer. i was just a bit annoyed at that exam due to the main topics of some of the questions being changed.

its so hard to concentrate on revision i find, and trying to get things to stick in my head. the second one i really should have revised more for since its an awfull module. that was part of the problem actually. its harder to revise something you don't like! (although you still should). i did do revision for it yesterday and this morning. (exam was this morning). but it didnt go very well. ah well thats a module i have neither enjoyed nor been good at, and i will be making sure i choose more carefully next semester.

my third exam is tomorrow (thursday) for a subject i like, and understand mainly, and am hoping it will go ok. my fourth is on friday.

i don't think haaving all the exams in the summer would be a fun thing though! at least mine wil be over and done with, and i can do a new set of modules next semester.

Lucy
Lucy_Rush
Forum Master

Postby mattie » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:23 pm

We don't have a modular system at my uni. All exams are in the summer.

Good luck to those currently taking theirs at the moment.

Mattie.
mattie
Splendiferous Member

Postby C » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:18 am

I had my developmental psychology exam on Wednesday and have my social psychology exam later today (yes, on a saturday, so unfair!) Developmental went okay, all about developing children so find it really interesting. Had to answer two questions out of six and I chose one about the child theorist Jean Piaget and one about theory of mind and autism.

The social one I am less confident about, so many dates! Need to get off here and do some last minute reading of my notes!

Good luck to anybody else doing exams!
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:06 pm

Good luck.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Next

Return to Study Support