Positive Advice

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Positive Advice

Postby Remus » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:32 pm

A couple of weeks ago, I started a Positivity diary where I note down each day three positive things that has happened during the day and then gave a overall feeling of the day so Good, Neutral or Bad. I could write down the negative things but I know if I did that there would be more negatives than positives :( and I would just focus more on the negatives.

Also, at the back of the diary I left some pages for people to make positive comments. Firstly, I wrote a paragraph myself, tell myself that I was doing good and lots of people were supporting me. Then during the week, I asked my teachers to sign my diary with a happy or funny comment about me and I don't read the actual comment until the end of the day.

So take the other day for example, I've had a really bad day but at the end of it, I read my citizenship teacher comment and it really cheered me up and made me smile. :D It actually does work. I would recommend this to anyone who self-doubts themselves or has trouble with negativism. :idea:
Remus
Site Admin

Postby bpcooper » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:53 am

Great idea mate.... think it would work well
bpcooper
Mega Poster

Postby Cartouche » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:01 am

It's a good idea.

My online blog works in a similar way for me. My friends congratuate me when things go well, and comfort me when things go wrong, and I do the same for them :)
Look Again
Cartouche
Splendiferous Member

Postby Steph » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:29 am

I have a Positives list on the wall by my desk with 20 positive attributes of mine that I can glance at when I'm feeling low.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:47 pm

I started it due to my social phobia. It helps a lot.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Hermionefan5 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:18 am

That's a good idea. Sometimes I write like that in my journal at home. :) I also write stories and that seems to help with my de-stressing process, especially when I've had a bad day.
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips