Rage

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Postby Remus » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:00 pm

I also wrote a lot during that time

I love writing! It's a great way to vent emotion!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Chinagirl » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:10 pm

i write a lot too. most things i write now are pretty dark, but its helping
pie

Make your dreams happen and never give up
Chinagirl
Splendiferous Member

Postby Hermionefan5 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:34 pm

Freewriting (writing down my random thoughts in no order) helps me when I'm angry. But, I warn you--if you freewrite it's better to do it in a notebook and hide the notebook somewhere where nobody you are mad at will see it. Online, anybody can come and see your freewriting. I just don't want any of you to have a "Harriet the Spy" moment where everyone you've ever said anything bad about finds out you talked bad about them. It's not pleasant.
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby mattie » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:37 pm

I get angry a lot too.

I used to be very unassertive until the last few months. I used to let people walk over me (metaphorically speaking). Now I find the reverse is the case - I get really angry and annoyed with people sometimes, only when they are rude or insulting to me though.

Very recently, for instance, a coach driver was really stroppy and unreasonable to me. Instead of doing what I usually do and going along with it, I argued with him. I find that I am much less willing to put up with rubbish from people. :D

Mattie.
mattie
Splendiferous Member

Postby littlemadangel » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:33 pm

My anger I think comes from when I was at school. I was not the average teenager. I had very few friends, people were always a bit creeped out by me and kept their distance. I was not teachers favourite either, my handwriting was messy, I had poor attention span and I never got my exams finished on time. I just got very frustrated sometimes, but I was good at hiding it and was deemed a "well behaved and quiet child". I didnt really see the point in arguing, it got me nowhere.

I've nearly always kept a diary-I used to comitt to writing in it everyday but now I dont really feel the need to do that-I just write in it when I have something to vent or feelings to get out.
littlemadangel
Super Poster

Postby pinkparrot » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:19 pm

I get angry sometimes if people are just standing or sitting a little too close to me.
Ancilla sum xx
pinkparrot
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:06 pm

Pinkparrot, i suggest you tell people you are claustrophobic.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Re: Rage

Postby Pheonix 47 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi there, I have just found these pages and found them very helpful, some describe the kind of rages that my son sometimes has ( I spoke about this on emotional surges). It has given me a bit more insight thanks.
Pheonix 47
Advanced Member

Postby james dragonz » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:44 pm

lol i get mad pretty easily and so does my friend but where he tries to rip plugs off of desks i'm satisfied with swearong at anyone who so much as talks to me or fighting someone annoying (i have been put in isolation god knows how many times for losing my temper and attacking someone) luckily it is never my little brother who annoys me (though it is often my sister and i don't exactly hold back if i fight her) also i have once hit my friend fairly hard in the face which helped and all he did was punch me back (though i did scratch my watch on his tooth which annoyed me somewhat)
i really hate the size restrictions on avatars, oh well thats life i suppose
james dragonz

Postby Alice » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:01 pm

I don't get properly angry anymore, even when I should. I get irritated quite a bit and sometimes I would describe myself as "angry" but I am quite a controlled person and I also tend to blame myself for things rather than others. It's annoying because when I do flip, my Mum treats it like it happens all the time in that it doesn't show I feel strongly about the subject. This contrasts with her own attitude, she screams and shouts all the time and won't stop until somebody (normaly my brother) has enough and starts shouting back. She's pretty much the only person who can make me loose it, but increacingly I recognise the routine she always follows when looking for an argument so I can usually stay calm until she moves on to someone else. With other pepole who know me, I usually only have to look angry and they tend to back off.

I get angry when pepole touch my head, hug me withot my perimission, invade my space, keep touching me, won't stop changing what they want me to do in groupwork, ask me intrusive questions or continually ask me to justify "groundrules" which I have given them (normaly don't touch me, repect my privacy, and don't keep moving me between tasks).

Luckily for the most part my personal social rules coinide nicely with normal social practices, which may explain why I rarely get angry.
Last edited by Alice on Sat May 08, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby award » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:17 pm

when i get angry i usally find that walking does the trick
-------------------------------------
Adam
award
Site Admin

Postby Dizzy D » Wed May 05, 2010 5:05 pm

I play with blue tack all the time, but I am espesily a bit moody now because I'm getting hormonal and suff :x P.S. whats DT?
Being dyspraxic dosen't make life hard, it makes it interesting
Dizzy D
Forum Master

Postby gabriella mason » Wed May 05, 2010 11:45 pm

what is dt
gabriella mason

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Thu May 06, 2010 12:57 pm

DT is this forum (dyspraxic teens.)
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !