as always ive blanked i cant do the bloody coursework

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

as always ive blanked i cant do the bloody coursework

Postby intowiz » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:34 pm

as always i try to do the bloody work i know i can o and my brain just blanks. i put my fingers to the keyboard and i cant write. does anyone know a way to help.
actually does anyone else get this ive heard its a dyspraxic trait to not be able to right whats in your head[/list]
"Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once."
Old manx sailor, Moby dick
intowiz
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby eastlondonluke » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:10 pm

Yep had dat sort of thing befor lol but im sure ya will be able to do it proply soon plus over time new idears come to mind
eastlondonluke
Splendiferous Member

Postby parnassus » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:00 am

It is a dyspraxic trait. It is a problem with the organisation of thought and language.

The first thing is just to blurt out your rough ideas. Don't worry if they seem jumbled or irrelevant - you can sort them out later. Write them down in any way that makes sense to you. You could just type out words at random, make a list, speak into a tape recorder, or draw a mind map. It depends what kind of thinker you are.

Once you have got your ideas laid out in a rough sort of shape, you can begin work on the actual writing. Do essay plans work for you? My special needs teacher used to give them to me: a set of boxes with different questions and subheadings to help me plan more appropriately. They never really worked for me (my chief problem with essays was that I found the questions too easy and added extra information, rather than anything dyspraxia-related) but it sounds as though a plan like that could help you.

And PM me your coursework when you're finished, if possible. I will check it over for you if you like.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby casschr05 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:55 am

yep ino how u feel
what i do is mind map my ideas before writing the actual coursework
but then ino how important it is but i just cant write anything even though i know what to write
casschr05
Power Poster

Postby cookie-monster » Mon May 05, 2008 8:10 pm

casschr05 wrote:yep ino how u feel
what i do is mind map my ideas before writing the actual coursework
but then ino how important it is but i just cant write anything even though i know what to write

I did that when i was stuck with a question on my assignment, i came up with lots of ideas that way.
cookie-monster
Mega Poster

Return to Study Support