Fairground/Theme Park Rides

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Postby medrich11 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:39 pm

they all look great except stormforce, I dont like getting wet!
medrich11
Mega Poster

Postby fuzzy » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:04 pm

*looks bemused*

You dont like getting wet but you dont mind getting thrown about at 100's of miles an hour upside down etc!
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby medrich11 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:40 pm

nope! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
medrich11
Mega Poster

Postby Creative » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:54 pm

I've been thinking about theme parks lately. I used to go to my local one most years. I have not been for 3 years since I left college.

I like rollercoasters loads, but things which spin around fast make me feel odd.

A dyspraxic problem for me is go carts and bumper cars. I always have to ride wih someone else.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Steph » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:38 pm

I am not good on rollercoasters at all-I have hyperventilated every time I've foolishly been on one! I used to be very bad with things that spun at speed and, when i was younger, had to be removed from rides several times but now I love them! My brain seems to crave the motion of it all and I can cope verywell with rides that make other people sick!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:32 pm

OMG, I absoulety love Drayton Manor. Best theme park ever! My favourite ride would have to be between Pandemonium and Maelstrom. Maelstrom is so cool, it's feel like you're flying and Pandemonium is the scariest ride ever but you get such a adrenline rush from it! I love Stormforce 10 as well especially in the summer! Shockwave is cool too!

I wasn't that impressed by G-Force, I bumped my chin on the bar and it's not a very safe ride.

The only ride at DM that made me a little sick was Drunken Barrels, the scenery just spins around! Also, I got whiplash on the Black Revolver on a school trip but that was good because I managed to get out of PE the next day. :D

Drayton Manor Hotel arrives at 2010 and Stormalong Bay Waterpark in 2012! How exciting!
Remus
Site Admin

Postby parnassus » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:02 am

I do not like rides at all, as they make me feel very sick and off-balance. I have only ridden on a rollercoaster once, at the urging of my sister. I was eleven at the time and didn't know how bad it was going to be. I did ensure (querulously) that it wouldn't go upside-down before I agreed to get on it. It was still awful - I couldn't cope when the track dipped or the ride turned a corner.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Danni » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:12 pm

I love rollercoasters. I find them thrilling and love the sensations of going at speed and high up and upside down. I've yet to find a rollercoaster I'm scared on.
Purple penguin resistance member
Danni
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Creative » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:32 pm

I may be going to my local theme Park soon. They have a new rollercoaster that goes upside down. I'm not too sure I can go on that!

They also have a seal show and a parrot show which are both good fun.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Cartouche » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:04 pm

I've been to Alton Towers a number of times, and Thorpe Park once (Drayton too, but a long long time ago). When I went to a theme park a few weeks back for the first time in a few years, I was a little disappointed. The thrill rides weren't as thrilling as I remembered them being, especially upon my first visit whereby I got home, lay down, and felt as if my bed was going upside-down at high speed. I still enjoy them, but I've long known I'm an adrenaline junkie. I scream, but that's part of the fun of it all :)
I love the ride photos too. My hair is usually doing something crazy.
Look Again
Cartouche
Splendiferous Member

Postby Creative » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:11 pm

I have been to Alton Towers twice and thorpe park and Chessington once.
I'm not sure which was my favourite but if I had to pick one then it would be Alton Towers!
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Cartouche » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:14 pm

Creative wrote:I have been to Alton Towers twice and thorpe park and Chessington once.
I'm not sure which was my favourite but if I had to pick one then it would be Alton Towers!

Alton Towers is the 'extreme one', although they're setting up Thorpe Park to gradually rival it. Chessington is meant to be a family park these days. Europe has better parks, such as Port Ventura and Europa Park, but I've not been to any of them. I hope to visit Europa Park before I go back to Uni, though.
Look Again
Cartouche
Splendiferous Member

Postby Creative » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:25 pm

Chessington was less of a family park when I went.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Steph » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:39 pm

Creative,
Re dodgems and bumper cars, I always have to ride with someone else too. The few times when I have driven alone, I just keep spinning and bumping into the side and usually the ride attendant comes and pushes me away from the side!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby C » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:03 am

Urgh, I'm feeling ill just thinking about fairground rides! People always think I'm boring because I hate rollercoasters but they make me feel so ill. I have been dragged on a couple of times in the past and I felt like I was going to die!!!

I like water rides and dodgems though. And rides that go really slow, designed for children of about five years old!
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

PreviousNext

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat