Friends

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Friends

Postby Hazza » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:57 pm

I dont have any tips but this thread for anyone who wants to share ideas wiht eachother on this topic, Friends!
David Tennants leaving in 2010! :o:o
Hazza
Advanced Member

Postby Creative » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:57 pm

Try and join a club or group as a way of making friends.

Think of fun things you and your friends can do together.

Listen and support your friends when they are going through a bad time.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby druchi » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:46 am

Be yourself i realise how cliche this is but it is so true

once you just let yourself break free you will have some of the best friends in the world

although this is alot harder than it seems

Also i cant really give tips on how to 'make' friends i just kind of ended up with all mine by accident :wink:
I must find a truth that is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or die.
druchi
Splendiferous Member

Postby Hermionefan5 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:15 pm

Most of my friends I've met through school or some kind of club. I think that is the best way to meet people because you already have something in common and these things also force you to be with that person at least once every week or so. Talk to a few of the people in the club/class with just some small talk at first--what's you're favorite thing to do?, Do you like this club/class?, etc. and maybe they will talk with you about those topics. If they don't want to talk, they probably aren't worth it but you can try another day and see if they want to talk. Some days people just don't want to get involved in conversation.

Once I have found someone who likes to talk to me, I usually try to think of a fun thing that we could do and then I have to get up the courage to call them. It takes work to make a good friend and you have to talk with the person or else there will be no relationship. Talking is hard sometimes, but it pays off in the end. If you don't feel comfortable phoning them, perhaps try texting or e-mailing. I've found those are more likeable sometimes than phoning.

Most of all, it's true that you just have to be yourself. If you're not, your friend will find out sooner or later. They'll know that you aren't interested in "Star Wars" or whatever they are interested in. If you're true to yourself, they'll know you're an honest, loyal person. This does not mean you have to tell them everything about you, but it's more fun for you if you get to do things you like to do with them. : ) It's all easier said than done, but I think you can do it. :)
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips