Homework

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Homework

Postby Danni » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:38 pm

I am having problems with my homework. I can do the work fine in class, but when I try and do it at home, I forget everything and nothing seems to make sense. I'm only doing AS Maths at college, so don't have tons of it, yet right now it all seems like a load of numbers and letters and drawings that don't have any meaning. It's frustrating.

Anyone got any suggestions? I could try doing some at college, but I the only days where I can do homework are the days I have my maths lessons, and by that point I really don't want to look at it.
Purple penguin resistance member
Danni
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:31 pm

*hugs* Maybe you could meet up with someone else in your class and do it together.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:45 pm

maths is hard at collage. i did as maths last year. have you tried getting someone to do some 1 on 1 with you? then they can help explain it. I started that last year, but started too late for it to help me enough, but it did help.

Are you doing C1 & C2? I found them hard. It might be different at you're collage, but we did C1, C2 and D1. I found D1 easy, but most of my class didn't.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Rosie-posie » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:19 pm

Yer I found maths hard a lot harder than gcse maths.
Rosie-posie
Mega Poster

Postby monkey » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:57 pm

it is difictl to remember what you learned in clas. if you did soem probelms in class then that is good. you can use them and work backwsrds to help you find hwo to do it. Some oen who is good at maths is also useful I thikn.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Lucy_Rush » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:37 am

this is something i found helped:

as soon after class as i could, if we had been doing something new/difficult i would read through my notes again. i would look at the problems we had done in class and ask myself what are we doing here - what does the question want us to find out? then i would read through the steps and make sure i knew what was happening at each step - sometimes i would write it down at the side, other times i would just talk myself through it. If there were any steps i couldnt understand, i would ask a friend, or you could ask the teacher but i never liked to do that!

then when you get homework, look at the questions, ask yourself - what does it want me to find? what is it asking for? note it down. look through the examples you did in class and see if you can find any similar ones. read through them and your little notes reminding you what is going on in each step, and use that to help you remember what to do to solve the homework problems. if you get stuck, take the homework to ask the teacher at least a day before it is due in, if you can.
Lucy_Rush
Forum Master

Return to Study Support