Concentrating

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Concentrating

Postby hana-banana2 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Does anybody know how to help me concentrate. sometimes i just stare of into space and everything feels like it is focusing in and out, coming from a long way away!! :? :?
hana-banana2
Advanced Member

Postby Hermionefan5 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Tips for not being so distracted:

1. Keep your cell phone and any other electronic items you might not be using out of reach or at least on buzz so you aren't distracted by them.
2. Set a time limit on how long you have to do something so that you can take a break to let your mind wander when you are done doing it. I do 23 minutes usually because I heard from my teacher in high school that how ever old you are is how long you generally pay undivided attention to things.
3. I don't always follow this rule, but not snacking while you study is pretty good because you are not distracted by whatever food you are eating.
4. Unless you get your inspiration from music or television or you like background noise, don't have that kind of thing on while you are working on school work.

I hope these help! I think I wrote another thread about this earlier called something about not getting distracted. I don't remember, but if you just search distraction tips, it'll probably come up. :)

--Shanna--
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips