How do I pass Philosophy?

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

How do I pass Philosophy?

Postby drama-queen » Fri May 22, 2009 7:18 am

How do I pass Philosophy? I'm failing VCE Unit 1 at the moment, and I have my exams in two weeks. Its not my subject anyway, but I just want to pass so I can get a high ENTER score?

Can anyone help?
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." - Helen Keller
drama-queen
Super Poster

Re: How do I pass Philosophy?

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Fri May 22, 2009 11:55 am

What particular philosophers and concepts are you looking at? We could maybe give you more help if we knew.

Have you read Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder? It's a very readable introduction to the history of philosophy, asnd it's told in the form of a fantasy novel, which makes it fun to read.

Wikipedia is not 100% reliable, but it's usually good for short, succint summaries of various philosophical ideas.

Whatever subject you're revising, past papers are usually worthwhile.

What way do you usually revise? Some people make mind maps, some people make tape recordings of their notes and listen to them over and over, some people write or type aout summaries, some people just repaetedly read through things. Whatever works for you will work whatever subject you are doing.

Best of luck.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby drama-queen » Sat May 23, 2009 10:05 pm

At the moment, we're studying Epistomology.

For studying, I usually copy out all my work a few time by hand.
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." - Helen Keller
drama-queen
Super Poster

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sun May 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Hmmm.... that's quite a slow way of doing it. Maybe instead of copying it out word for word you auld just summarise it?
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Return to Study Support