Autism test

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

What was your score on the autism test?

0-10 (low)
4%
11-22 (most women score about 15, most men score about 17)
16%
23-31 (above average)
48%
32-50 (very high - most people with Asperger's syndrome or high-functioning autism score about 35)
32%

Total votes : 25

Postby parnassus » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:54 pm

People puzzle me full stop. By the time I've fathomed out what I'm meant to be saying or doing, everyone else is saying or doing something else entirely.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby C » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:38 am

I scored 30, exactly double what most women score and above average.
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

ASD

Postby k9ruby » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:07 pm

I don't like discos, and sometimes not sure what to do in certain (negative) social situations. I also find it hard to make eye contact with those that bully me (I get a burning sensation).
k9ruby
Site Admin

the test

Postby CarolineAmes » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:35 pm

when i did the test the first time i got 9. But when i did it the second time i got 24. which is'nt to bad :)
CarolineAmes
Power Poster

Postby monkey » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:32 pm

30. but i dont think that is write.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby monkey » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:32 pm

sorry 39, but i dont think that is write.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

good

Postby CarolineAmes » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:24 am

that is very good having 39 on that test it was better than me. :D :D :D :D
CarolineAmes
Power Poster

what

Postby CarolineAmes » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:35 am

what is it with everyone. when i sign in everyone else signs out why???? :( :( :( :? :? :? :?
CarolineAmes
Power Poster

Postby rachel » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:46 am

whats that
rachel
Splendiferous Member

well

Postby CarolineAmes » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:01 am

well everytime i sign in there is one person before me then out of the blue there is just me on the site. no guest no nothing :( :? :( :? :( :?
CarolineAmes
Power Poster

Postby parnassus » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:42 am

Don't take it personally. :) I never check the 'Who is online' part of the board and I doubt that many other people do either - you can't even see it when you are actually on the messageboards, and I expect that most of us concentrate solely on reading or replying.

that is very good having 39 on that test it was better than me.

Do you have a really positive outlook on autism, or have you misunderstod the test? The higher the score, the more autistic you are meant to be. Autism is officially classified as a disability - though I know many people (including me) who would say that it is a mixture of the disability and the gift. However, most people would see a low score as being desirable.

I don't understand why so many of us are scoring in the AS/HFA range. While I have autistic tendencies, I doubt that I qualify for a proper diagnosis, and I am sure that I'm not alone in that. I suppose a full psychological assessment would be much more accurate.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

sorry

Postby CarolineAmes » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:27 pm

sorry i sometimes do not understand questions or answers so i try to read things carefully but it can be hard :( :( :(
CarolineAmes
Power Poster

Postby fuzzy » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:41 pm

I think autism can be looked upon positivley- many are gifted with art or music, or have fantastic memories *grumbles jealously*. Howver, having said that, any tendencies that I have are stupid social things and not being able to play grade 8 clarinet at the age of 4! (Having said that, I do have a really good memory for dates and stuff- maybe thats why I like history :) )
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby C » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:26 pm

parnassus wrote:I don't understand why so many of us are scoring in the AS/HFA range. While I have autistic tendencies, I doubt that I qualify for a proper diagnosis, and I am sure that I'm not alone in that. I suppose a full psychological assessment would be much more accurate.

I agree with you. I was shocked to score 30 (not because I see autism as being a 'shocking' condition, just because I just don't think I am autistic at all) making me 'nearly' mildly autistic I suppose as autistic people generally score 32 plus. Although my social skills aren't fantastic I don't think they're terrible, I work very hard on being polite to people etc. and I manage. My imagination is excellent (I don't mean to sound big headed) although my social interaction isn't great. When I tell people I am dyspraxic they are often suprised because I 'seem so normal.' I suppose I am lucky in that I am only mildly affected and have learnt to deal with and cover up a lot of my difficulties.
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby madame_tigre » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:09 pm

I was also suprised about getting 28 as I only thought my problems were very mild.

Then again, when I was very little, I was thought to have a form of Aspergers because I was obsessed with structure and routine-I still am a bit! That is the only AS symptom that I have really, so I definitely don't have it.

I'm not an anti-sociable person, I like meeting new people, but I do admit to getting nervous which is probably why I scored quite high on the test.

Charlotte, you don't sound at all big-headed when you said your imagination is excellent. Being imaginative is a gift which seems common with Dyspraxic people and is definitely something to be proud about. People who know me well really enjoy it when I talk about my idea of the World,
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

PreviousNext

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat