Memory problems

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Memory problems

Postby jemstein123 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:04 pm

I hate this short term memory, i have pills to take and i cannot remember what i have on a morning and i get worried, unsure of myself and then indecisive and then a bit anxious..it really frustrates me.
I usually miss them when i cannot remember..but that not really i good thing to do
anyways it would be helpfull if you could give me some memory tips
cheers
x
jemstein123
Advanced Member

Re: Memory problems

Postby Steph » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:38 am

Unfortunately many dyspraxic people have poor short term memory. If you take more than one medication daily, you can ask your pharmacist for a Medication Manager. This has the pills inside for morning, nighttime and other times of the day if necessary. They are very easy to use as they have the days of the week down the side and the times of the day across the top so the likelihood of missing any dosage is decreased drastically. Most pharmacies offer this service and it appears to be very helpful for those with short term memory problems.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Steph » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:39 am

They may not be called Medication Managers everywhere but, if you explain it to your pharmacist, they will know what you mean.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby kitty123 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:28 am

i have this sombody says do this i go to do it and totly forget and i put thngs dow next mn i have no idea were they went ( i recently just lost a pendrive with a full prodject on silly me i forgot to back it up ) i never remember stuff for the next day resulting in no hwk done lol sorry i cant help much i write it down as soon as i know what i need to do i youse a day calender :)
"dyspraxia made me who i am today without it life would be boring (the little lifts you get when you manage to to an simple "everyday task like pouring juice without spills )" [/color]
kitty123
Super Poster

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:51 pm

It might help you to get a dioctaphone to tape-record instructionms.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:51 pm

It might help you to get a dioctaphone to tape-record instructionms.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips