Determination

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Determination

Postby satine22 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:11 pm

I would just like you into a quick secret of how i can play guitar hero (not very well but still!) even though im dyspraxic. I practise, lots. In fact i practised for three hours a day for three weeks until i compleated a song. now i can just about trawl through begginer but eventually i had to get it. It annoying though when you see someone pick it up straight away!

This method of practising means that i can now Pat my head and rub my stomach (this took me a full 2 years) simply because my dad said he would pay me £30 if i could. It was painfully slow but im now very proud of this fact!

So yeah if you know you keep trying you will get there eventually and there is no feeling like it! however having said that im still no better a drummer on guitar hero despite the practise!
satine22

Re: Determination

Postby holster » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:28 pm

Yay go you!!! I was like that with learning to drive, my brother passed his test before I started learning (he dosent have dyspraxia) and he passed on his fourth try, after he passed he bet that it would take me more tests than him to pass it actually took us the same about of test and took me less time to do it in, just proves that we can get things in the same amount of time as "normal" people, we just learn differently!!!
holster

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips