dyspraxia on personal statement

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

dyspraxia on personal statement

Postby Joss1991 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:57 pm

im writing my personal statement at the moment
i have put dyspraxia under disabilities but do i expand on this and if so where in the disablied box or the actual personal statement.
My mum thinks i should say it has made me determind and hardworking ect but im not sure
any ideas or advice would be helpful
thanks
the darker it is the more stars you can see
Joss1991
Splendiferous Member

Re: dyspraxia on personal statement

Postby wyrdsister » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi
Normally the question about disabitily relates to how your prospective employer or educational establishment will have to adjust the environment or provide specific interventions to enable you to access your job or your studies. I would make sure your stengths, motivations and enthusiasm shine through. We all have stengths and weaknesses so just accentuate the positive :)
wyrdsister

Postby Alice » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:46 pm

I didn't put it on my personal statement, on the grounds they can tell anyway from the disabilities box. I don't think their's any real benifit to including it unless it relates directly why you would be good at your course, or why you want to do it.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:59 pm

I agree with Alice. There is a box on your UCAS form where you can explain. Only put it in your personal atatement if it's relevant (e.g. if you're studing psychology, education or something else where knowledge of SpLDs would be useful.)
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Return to Study Support