Old lady in the house :)

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Old lady in the house :)

Postby PinkLady » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:05 pm

good morning everyone. i feel that i should start out this first message with nothing but the truth. i am not dyspraxic though i am ADHD lol and i'm also a 37 yr old behavioural consultant that works with school age children with behavioural challenges. my goal is to help kids become more successful in school, with their family/friends and in the community.

my first experience with dyspraxia came last year with a little 6 yr old student being reverse intergrated into a gr 1 class (he was in a SK class and could only handle so much time in the gr 1 class before it became overwhelming). i now have been introduced to my newest student with dyspraxia. he is in grade four so about 8? anyway in my pursuit to help this child to the best of my ability i have joined this chat. i hope that you are all ok with this as i will be posting questions and ideas here in the hopes of helping this guy have a much better time at school.

thanks everyone and have a great day
PinkLady from canada
PinkLady

Re: Old lady in the house :)

Postby Creative » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:24 pm

Welcome to the forum PinkLady. It's ok for you to ask questions here. It's good that you are tryiing to understand about dyspraxia so that you can help these children.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:25 pm

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find it useful.

Have you read Caged in Chaos? It is about dyspraxia in teenagers but a lot is relevent to dyspraxic primary school kids, too.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby PinkLady » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:21 pm

thanks for your warm welcome. i believe that i can learn a lot for being here and hope i can pass on some tidbits myself. cheers

Pinklady
PinkLady

Postby Alice » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:48 pm

Well, I would have accepted you, but you failed to post this in the welcome forum like a well behaved user. :P

Seriouly though, I hope you can learn one or two things here. Goodness knows, primary school kids with dyspraxia need one or two understanding adults around...
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:30 am

Welcome, PinkLady! I hope that Dyspraxic Teens is helpful for you. Feel free to ask us any questions you like, and thank you for caring about dyspraxic children.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips