Remembering to eat

Share any tips or ideas that you have which make living with dyspraxia easier.(Please start a new thread for each tip)

Remembering to eat

Postby Alice » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:11 pm

Sometimes I don't feel hungry when I should. I start to feel dizy and shivery, and become convinced I'm quite ill, only to realise I haven't eaten in over 24 hours (other pepole can go longer, I know, but I get like that in that time). It usually happens when I decide to eat later because of busyness or laziness. I know I'm forgetfull, but surely I should feel hunger all the time rather than only at some times. I also almost never feel thirsty.

Does anyone else have this problem, and have you got any tips?

All I can think of is drinking more water when I remember too, which I can't because I can only stand the taste of tapwater for the time it takes to gulp one glass, and eating at regular times, which doesn't fit with my changing schedule. Mabye I should get some energy bars or something.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Re: Remembering to eat

Postby Piers1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:21 am

You should probably have set times to eat in order to not confuse your body. Even if you're not hungry you should probably have some fruit or a few buiscuits with cheese as a light snack. If you don't like water you could probably pour a bit of juice in it or flavouring or something along those lines. I usually am a bit late with lunch myself. Prahaps eat more at lunch and less at dinner? It's not very healthy to sleep with a full stomach. Ok well that's enough from me!
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Piers1
Forum Master

Postby Dan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:22 pm

I do this all the time. I've had such a rumbly stomach before then I've had a sandwich and it's vanished. Now I'm at uni I have scheduled meals and since then it's been a lot better, I've even been gaining some much needed weight!
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Piers1 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:12 am

hahah yeah I'm always hungry and eat a lot and don't put on any weight
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Piers1
Forum Master

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:51 am

A good idea is to have one afternoon a week when you cook huge batches of food, then freeze them in little tubs. Set alarms for mealtimes, and when it's time to eat, re-heat a portion in the microwave. Thius is less effort than cooking every meal.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Alice » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:42 pm

Thirteen-thirty-seven wrote:A good idea is to have one afternoon a week when you cook huge batches of food, then freeze them in little tubs. Set alarms for mealtimes, and when it's time to eat, re-heat a portion in the microwave. Thius is less effort than cooking every meal.

I do that, but I can't set alarms for mealtimes until I have a proper routine.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to Dyspraxia Coping Tips