I need a little help

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

I need a little help

Postby katie28 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi!

In two years I move with my family to England and intend to start a high school education. All the time I learn your language to be able to have it perfectly. To cope with a high school in England decided that I needed to learn via the Internet concepts and issues related to data objects, so it was easier for me. I hope that somehow you can manage. But I need a tiny part of your aid. I have a request to you: if you are, and you began high school students in the school until you are sure you have a book to each of these subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography, History, English Language. I have asked if someone could send me on my e-mail scanning tables of contents of these books. I would be very grateful to that person, because the content is written lists of what the student should be able in a given subject.

Then I would know what I have to learn in your language, to later cope in school.
In addition, my name is Anna. I come from Poland. I know that perhaps the citizens of your country are tired of the continuous arrivals of migrants, including those from Poland, so do not be surprised as no one please reply me on my message, but I hope that there will be people who will not look at it where I come from.
By the way it is because I want to leave to England because I would like to try living in another environment. Finally have some friends, preferably from different nationalities.

In the evenings, go for long walks and it's nice to spend time among the people, because now virtually accompanied me only loneliness. My goal in life is to help people in many parts of the world, so I don’t think that in the future to stay in some country for a long time. I would like to travel a lot so rather I will be living in hotels or motels everywhere.

I am glad that among the many forums I found yours and I hope that someone will send me these scans on my e-mail, which will help me learn. I've got a lot of really hard work.
Sorry for language mistakes in my messages. And this is my two e-mail addresses:

lena194@op.pl

and

annie98@wp.pl

Thanks for help
katie28

Re: I need a little help

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:01 pm

Hi.

I don;t think it will be possible to send scans of all those textbooks. I'm afraid you'll have to buy them yourself.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby katie28 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:03 pm

Thanks! :wink:

Anyway thank you for your reply.

The most I care about the contents of the book for English and history.

Only scanning tables of contents.
katie28

Postby Remus » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:25 pm

Indeed, it would impossible to scan all of those books. Your best option is would be to buy the books from a local bookstore or somewhere online such as Amazon, Ebay etc.

If you want to learn about all those subjects, I suggest you search online though. The net has some great sites which would be able to aid you in your learning.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby katie28 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:05 pm

Thank You Thirteen-thirty-seven & Remus for advices.

I think that I will have to searching something to learning in net.

:)
katie28

Postby parnassus » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:53 pm

Jak siemasz, Anna! :) I studied a little bit of Polish at university. Unfortunately I don't remember much now.

I will happily scan the tables of contents in the books that you have specificed if you could let me know the age you will be when you join the English school. The books that you need to get will obviously vary depending on how old you are when you start studying here.

In the meantime, this website might come in useful:

http://curriculum.qcda.gov.uk/key-stage ... index.aspx

It gives you details about all the subjects that are studied in the high school years.

I'm glad you found DT. Witaj!
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby katie28 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi!

Thank you for your interest in my problem.

It is obvious that people who have a closer relationship with God can help others. God is my Father and my best friend. I love Him very much!

Returning to my problem is I would be very grateful to you if you could send scan of tables of contents of books in 11 years and 12 years. It's very help me in learning. I also very like portals on the English Wikipedia. But if I had these scans from you is to me a lot more help at school, really.

I am glad that you ever studied the Polish language, which is really difficult.

Anyway, thank you and I wait for your message on my e-mail. :)
katie28

Return to Study Support