Phobia's

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Re: Phobia's

Postby Goldenhamster » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:33 am

I don't think I have any severe or medical phobias as such but certainly some things make me very uncomfortable. I don't have a good head for heights and an even worse one for motion and distance perception - I have never been on a rollercoaster in my life. I find certain things can be frightening, for instance walking in a crowd, telephoning people, but I wouldn't describe it as a phobia given that it is not a constant thing and I can overcome it.
You don't have to be dyspraxic to be exeptional

But it helps!
Goldenhamster
Mega Poster

Postby drama-queen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:00 am

Formidophobia - fear of scarecrows
Sciophobia - fear of shadows
Vacansopapurosophobia - fear of blank paper (I'm a writer)
Aquaphobia - fear of deep water
and also possibly ... Didaskaleinophobia - fear of going to school
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." - Helen Keller
drama-queen
Super Poster

Postby AliciaRobert90 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:14 pm

I have suffered a lot because of stress and phobias. Later my friend advised me to try Hypnosis After trying hypnosis I found a good improvement in my self confidence and self control.
AliciaRobert90

Postby Macha » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:27 pm

I could of sworn I'd posted on this thread already.

The dark (I don't mind slightly dark, but pitch black... So I normally sleep with my bedroom door slightly open, and the landing light on), and heights.

Up until a few years ago, swimming was also on that list (mainly because I couldn't).
Macha
Forum Master

Postby charity » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:32 am

i dotn have any phobias w/ names but i really dont liek talkign 2 people i dont know especaillywhen im nto w/ some1 i do know. adn this 1 elevator in a parking garage where i got seperated from my mom 4 abotu 10 min. whenit closed b4 she could get in, but its just @ a vacation place, so i never c it ne more.
charity
Power Poster

Postby Alice » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:46 pm

I have this bizzar fear of fainting, even though I have only ever fainted once, I keep being afraid I will faint in front of lots of pepole.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Rosie-posie » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:16 pm

falling, but I don't mind rollercoasters but only if someone is with me.
Balls hitting me, due to me thinking they are going to fall closer than they do.
Lift doors closing on me.
Rosie-posie
Mega Poster

Postby Emily_17 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:27 am

heights....really really bad. A guy at work told me to stand on a chair to get a poster down and i was not that far off the ground and i started to shake. Its so bad...but i am looking to overcome that phobia when i go on an adventure holiday and i am going to overcome it!.
Emily_17
Power Poster

Postby Emily_17 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:33 am

also flying..its not a phobia i just get really bad aeroplane sickness. even the idea of flying makes me sick, its really bad. We didn't have a flight for like 3 hours and i was sick while i was still on the ground, and i'm sick even before i go to the airport. I think its cause i'm terrified and i know i will be sick so i am. I get myself so worked up about it, but luckily i have been prescribed some drugs that make me sleepy and are like antisickness travel tablets and yea :-). I have managed to go on six flights within the last year without being sick due to these tablets. See if a aeroplane is on TV i wretch, i dunno what it is. :L but i know its terrible!.
Emily_17
Power Poster

Postby drama-queen » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:05 am

also possibly have a phobia of going up ladders
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." - Helen Keller
drama-queen
Super Poster

Postby galexy96 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:09 pm

I have a fear of mannequins - Pediophobia :shock:
like ones you get in museums.
When i was younger i was scared of fireworks :wink:
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby kitty123 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:37 pm

i have a phobia of swimming under water witch was kinda a problem when i had to do under water sync swimming so i got scared by looking at that very deep pool plus i cant swim making it more scary and my freind had a fit in the pool and i have extreemly surivre asthma i have one of those air machines in my room i was scared of not being able to breath :lol:
"dyspraxia made me who i am today without it life would be boring (the little lifts you get when you manage to to an simple "everyday task like pouring juice without spills )" [/color]
kitty123
Super Poster

Postby sparda222 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:08 pm

I am have phobias of deep water, even swiming pools scare me, heights, spiders, shadows, and small rooms.
sparda222

Postby mysticalwater » Wed May 19, 2010 7:21 pm

rats :(
mysticalwater
Super Poster

Postby caterpillar » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:42 pm

Doctors, dentists, nurses, hospitals, medicine, needles, blood, heart rate monitors, illness, hypnosis, snakes, bats, people in masks, real Christmas trees, metal detectors/ scanners at airports.
And I can't find a reason for any of them, apart from illness which is obviously dangerous.
caterpillar

PreviousNext

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat