Obsessions

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Have you had obsessions?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
I have, but not really weird ones
No votes

Total votes : 20

Postby alexlaird87 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:49 pm

There unique sence of humour comes from looking at the world from a different angle. who knows, maybe they have a LD which they don't now about. its possable.
alexlaird87
Forum Master

Postby eyeball226 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:05 am

I have a couple of obsessions at the moment:

Black Books(the TV program)

The Incredible String Band

The other one that'll probably stay with me to the grave is playing the guitar. I play it all the time. Even when on the internet(I can type whilst holding it you see.

Thirteen-thirty-seven wrote:Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett seem very popular on this forum. Is it possible that the dyspraxic way of thinking encourages as specific sense of humour.

It could be. The sort of logic that particularly Douglas Adams uses in a lot of the humour maybe appeals to dyspraxic minds.

After I was diagnosed as being dyspraxic my Dad realised that he is probably dyspraxic too and it seems like my Grandad was too making that 3 generations.
eyeball226

Postby madame_tigre » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:59 pm

eyeball226 wrote:The other one that'll probably stay with me to the grave is playing the guitar. I play it all the time. Even when on the internet(I can type whilst holding it you see.[/color][/b]

Wow! A multi-tasker on board. How can you type and not drop your guitar?
:o
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby eyeball226 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:07 pm

Because:
    I have a piece of string(I haven't got a strap yet).
    I'm sitting in an armchair and the waist of the guitar is sitting on the arm.
eyeball226

Postby madame_tigre » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:42 am

Aah, that makes sense. I don't normally associate arm chairs as being part of the computer room furniture, but I suppose they'd be a lot easier-I end up breaking a lot of the chairs in my house!
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby fuzzy » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:42 pm

Hey, I play guitar too! What can you play? Classical or electric, rythm or lead?
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby mattie » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:36 pm

I've had lots of really bad obssessions over the years.

My current one for the past couple of years has been NZ. I've wanted to live there for ages now - I just love the sound of the nature, hardly any people etc. I will definitely probably go out there after my course has finished i.e. in 3 years time.

Mattie.
mattie
Splendiferous Member

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:59 pm

What course are youdoing, Mattie?
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby mattie » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:25 am

What course are youdoing, Mattie?

accountancy.
mattie
Splendiferous Member

Postby fuzzy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:36 pm

Mattie- I wanna go to NZ too! Im going in the summer 2006 if I can get organised in time! Im so far going on my own but your more than welcome to join me- that goes foe anyone else who wnats to go travelling next summer! :D
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby mattie » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:07 pm

Mattie- I wanna go to NZ too! Im going in the summer 2006 if I can get organised in time! Im so far going on my own but your more than welcome to join me- that goes foe anyone else who wnats to go travelling next summer!

That's very kind of you. Unfortunately, I won't be able to afford it (I've currently only got about £100 in my bank account). :( :( I'm currently saving up so that I can move out there in 3 years time. My parents have offered to help me to buy a house out there although I'll probably rent for the first year. They seem really keen on the idea. :)

You'd be more than welcome to stay with me if you ever decide to holiday in NZ. I'll probably settle in Christchurch on the South Island.

Can't wait til the summer of 2008 when I get on the plane.

If you go there next year I'd be really interested to know what you thought of it. :)

mattie.
mattie
Splendiferous Member

Postby Xx_vampire_xX » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:05 pm

I dont have any.

BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHHNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP,
BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHHNY DEPP, BUFFY, JOHNNY DEPP,

Nope I dont have any obsessions what so ever.
Xx_vampire_xX
Super Poster

Postby fuzzy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:58 pm

LOL! :lol:

Boy that must have taken you at least five hours to type up! Hee hee
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby fuzzy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:15 pm

Mattie- I'll keep you posted on NZ. Prob will post a good few times while im over there, seeing as im an absolute forum posting, internet surfing junkie!! I wanna go to both islands but I heard one is much prettier than the other; one has all the tourist stuff and big cities and one is more secnic and is absolutley beautifull! Also- did you know that Auckland is bulit on over 200 volcanoes? Monkey told me!
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby mattie » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:32 pm

I wanna go to both islands but I heard one is much prettier than the other; one has all the tourist stuff and big cities and one is more secnic and is absolutley beautifull!

The North Island, which is the smallest, has the most people (about 3 out of the 4 million total population) and has most of the large towns/cities. Apparently, most of the island is still sparsely populated and pretty but it isn't anywhere near as spectacular or as pretty as the South Island.

The south Island, on the other hand only has a population of about 900,000 and is much bigger. It contains a lot of spectacular and dramatic scenery.

My cousin, who moved out there about 6 years ago told me about it so that's how I know a bit about the country. I've seen a few photos and stuff and it just seemed like a cool place to live/visit.

Mattie.
mattie
Splendiferous Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat